How many years have we been waiting for dark mode? LOL

I'm hoping that Apple is finally realizing that many users (myself included) actually like dark colors on our devices. If they actually switch to OLED displays, black pixels don't use up battery energy and we would see slightly improved battery life over the current "light" theme.
    I know right!
    It'd be super nice if the users themselves can choose between 'light' or 'dark' mode.
    06-04-2017 04:17 PM
    I want the three "S's": Speed, Smoothness, and Stability, first and foremost!
    Isn't that what ios is all about?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-04-2017 05:07 PM
    Isn't that what ios is all about?

Sent from mTalk on my SP4
    That has pretty much been my experience with iOS....
    Tartarus and nikkisharif like this.
    06-04-2017 05:33 PM
    Been away from iMore for a month or two (because the app isn't great) but I'm back with a list of things I want to see in iOS 11:

1) Dark Mode.... just like everyone else
    2) iCloud Health .... so I can keep my Watch activity after a restore
    3) iCloud App Install ... Android users can remotely install apps by selecting the device from the Play Store... I want this
    4) Home.... presence aware Home app and loads of other improvements
    5) iMessages .... an android app would be nice as well as the ability to install message apps without the rest of the app
    06-05-2017 05:32 AM
    Everything in this video! Seriously... EVERYTHING!
    YES!!!...EVERYTHING in this video....LOL
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-05-2017 06:57 AM
    Oh I'd also like an update to Time Capsule/Airport Extreme where I can sync my iCloud Photo library to it where I can properly back up my photos without replying on other services like Google or an external hard drive which is dedicated to it
    bitmonkey likes this.
    06-05-2017 07:13 AM
    OH oh! I also want to be able to set shared contacts in Family Sharing for contacts we should all have (School, family friends etc)............ and on the subject of Family sharing I want to be able to revoke permission for apps that I once approved for my kids
    bitmonkey likes this.
    06-05-2017 07:38 AM
    I would love to see the ability to clear our cache data from apps. Some apps can take up a lot of spae such as social media apps.
    bitmonkey likes this.
    06-05-2017 08:49 AM
    So excited for WWDC keynote. I would love to see more iPad features spill over into the iPhone 7 plus and make it a true link between iPhone and iPad. Go all in with Landscape on this phone would be a great example. I would love to see a version of split screen on landscape on iPhone 7 plus. In saying that....it's about time for some true iPad features to get away from just being a larger iPhone. Give the iPad its own identity.

Something that has been on my mind lately...I want to see Activity.app go iCloud. Apple gives these really cool badges but if you had to wipe your phone. Easily gone. If they want people to care about them, I want an easy and convenient way to preserve them.
    06-05-2017 08:59 AM
    Some sort of file management.
    Quis89 and bitmonkey like this.
    06-05-2017 09:07 AM
    New interface overall, more features and enhanced for better battery life
    06-05-2017 09:09 AM
    I'd like to see a feature that automatically downloads apps when you set up your device.

Some like to set their phones up as New after an iOS update. It'd be nice if , once you sign into your iCloud account, the system started to download the last apps you had installed on your phone before factory reset.

If memory serves from Android days, Google does that and it's so helpful.
    Isn't this what an iCloud restore does? I've done this many times in the past. Restoring from an iCloud backup.
    06-05-2017 09:22 AM
    Some sort of file management.
    I agree. Less reliance on itunes would be great too. I don't really use it now, mostly just put stuff into cloud storage, and then download as needed now.

I would also love dark theme, whcih I think is almost a certain thing at this point, based on reports from contributors here.
    06-05-2017 09:33 AM
    the ability to leave group messages that include non-iOS people.

System wide dark mode also sounds nice

system wide dual window support
    06-05-2017 09:38 AM
    I'd like to see a system-wide delete all option and the ability to pick and choose what to backup and what to restore. Furthermore, since Apple is aggressively promoting privacy, they should provide built-in VPN service. Lastly, make iCloud Drive accessible like that of Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive and others.
    Not sure about "delete all" but I like the rest.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-05-2017 09:50 AM
    Some customization of the look.
    06-05-2017 10:04 AM
    YES!!!...EVERYTHING in this video....LOL
    I'm for *almost* everything in it.

Changing the home screen just because some people are "tired of it" would be taking the wrong approach. Consider that for every tech-minded person who likes changes, there are probably many users who would wonder "Why did they have to change this?!"
    06-05-2017 10:08 AM
    All I want to see is the Volume indicator at the top of the screen!!!
    06-05-2017 10:09 AM
    This is more of an iCloud policy change, but how about providing enough space to do complete backups FOR FREE while the device is under warranty or Apple Care. If people keep their device beyond the warranty period, they can pay for that storage.
    06-05-2017 10:13 AM
    A way to change the default app. I am tired of being stuck using the default mail app for sending Mal from links or being direct to the iOS app when hitting links.

The complete lack of customization with iOS is my number one frustration.
    06-05-2017 10:14 AM
    A continuing of the convergence of the OSs, and the interoperabilty between Apple products, and perhaps to allow this to function in whatever limited way beyond the devices being on the same WiFi network. Like T-Mobile is doing with Digits for example.
    06-05-2017 10:44 AM
    Everything in this video! Seriously... EVERYTHING!
    ^This
    kataran and Spencerdl like this.
    06-05-2017 11:52 AM
    Looking for more refinement
    06-05-2017 11:54 AM
    A more transparent dock, a darn mode, the ability to restore from iCloud on the go without the need to wipe the device and go through initial setup all over again and a revamped  Maps

Oh and the ability to disable iMessages effects without the whole phone animations altogether.
    06-05-2017 12:03 PM
    I'm for *almost* everything in it.

Changing the home screen just because some people are "tired of it" would be taking the wrong approach. Consider that for every tech-minded person who likes changes, there are probably many users who would wonder "Why did they have to change this?!"
    This is true and I agree with you, however I personally think along with a lot of other people (not just Techies) that its time for a change.
    06-06-2017 07:20 AM
126 ... 3456