How to renew developer certificates without a paid developer account or jailbreaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Power Player

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello. I wasn’t sure whether I should’ve post this on my first thread or a different one, but I decided to post on a different thread, seeing as this issue happens with every app I sideload using Cydia Impactor. About a week after I sideloaded RetroArch onto two iPhones, it stopped working on at least one of those iPhones. The app’s icon still exists on the home screen, but when I try to open it, it simply displays the splash screen for about half a second, and then crashes back to the home screen. To make matters worse, the developer profile that was created when I sideloaded RetroArch has disappeared from the Settings app. I was forced to delete and reinstall the app, and my save data went down the drain. I’m not positive about the second iPhone, but it probably stopped working as well. I noticed that the guide I used to install RetroArch noted that the process must be repeated every 7 weeks, which probably explains everything. When I originally sideloaded RetroArch, I also realized that the bottom of the Cydia Impactor window had a drop-down button, where the only option was “Install Cydia Extender”. I researched it, but figured out that in order to resign the certificates, Cydia Extender requires either a paid Apple Developer account (I definitely don’t want to spend $100 a month just to use RetroArch on my iPhone) or a jailbreak, which, as previously mentioned, could render my iPhone unusable. I researched the issue some more and discovered an app called Anti Revoke, which could seemingly be sideloaded from Safari and would stop Apple from periodically revoking my developer certificates, thus solving the issue. However, I’m not sure that Anti Revoke is very trustworthy. Have you used Anti Revoke and know it to be, or believe it is, trustworthy? If it isn’t trustworthy, are there any other ways to renew the certificate without a paid Apple developer account or a jailbreak, so I don't have to delete my save data every week, or is there no solution? Thank you for your help.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
We do not allow discussion regarding circumventing the system, including defeating Apple’s systems, on this forum. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner