Calendar Searches

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
How do I search more than a year in Calendar? I have Sync set to All Events but still can't get more that one year in my search results.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just did a search for something a year or so ago without any problems. Do you have that particular calendar selected?

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I have three calendars selected, personal, family and work. Even if I only have the personal calendar selected, my search only returns results from the beginning of 2017. I tried going to a different year but still only get results for 2017.

If I press on the search icon, but don't enter any search terms, I can keep scrolling back in time.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have three calendars selected, personal, family and work. Even if I only have the personal calendar selected, my search only returns results from the beginning of 2017. I tried going to a different year but still only get results for 2017.

If I press on the search icon, but don't enter any search terms, I can keep scrolling back in time.

I just tried to search for an event from 2015, but it wouldn’t let me. I can go to it, but i can’t locate it via search. I’m running iOS 11, by the way.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I don't get it. IMHO, we should be able to search something back to the beginning of our calendar entries. I guess I'm going to have to go back to Fantastical because it works. I can enter a search term and it will return every instance no matter how many years. For example, if I want to see every date that I've been to Dr. X, it brings up every appointment for 5 years, when I started seeing him.

Merlady

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
When I go back a year, all I see are birthdays as holidays. All my events l created are gone.

Do you have Sync set to All Events? I do, and I can see all my calendar entries to the beginning of when I first started using the calendar, I just can't get search results before 2017.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This has been like this since iOS 10 or maybe even before that.
You can see the events in day-view, but not in other views.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have Sync set to All Events? I do, and I can see all my calendar entries to the beginning of when I first started using the calendar, I just can't get search results before 2017.

I knew that option was there, and I looked, but didn't see it. Looked again, and there it was. That's it. I recall now setting it to 3 months. I'm getting too old for this!
Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner