jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.3.3 officially available

Good catch. Too bad you weren't a beta tester! I get the same kind of location "miss" with my SE, but my iPad mini 4 is spot on. e.g., I'm in Reno, NV and a "McDonald's" Spotlight search on my SE lists them in Lodi, CA... 170 miles away. Even after I repeatedly have the Maps app correctly use GPS to get my true location.

My iPad lists McDonald's two blocks away, as it should. Weird, especially since I have never been in Lodi. Nor in the general vicinity since 2013 when I drove through Sacramento.

Thanks! Glad I am not the only one. I hate this "one step forward, two back" approach Apple has been taking lately. Their software used to be so reliable, now it's up in the air and you never know what you'll get with a software update....

A soft reset/hard reset fixes the issue, but I shouldn't have to do that. It happened intermittently with 10.3.2, but appears to be happening more often with 10.3.3. I notice the issue happens when I connect to my work wifi network. I should've tested the beta 6 longer and submitted a bug smh ????????????

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Thanks! Glad I am not the only one. I hate this "one step forward, two back" approach Apple has been taking lately. Their software used to be so reliable, now it's up in the air and you never know what you'll get with a software update....

A soft reset/hard reset fixes the issue, but I shouldn't have to do that. It happened intermittently with 10.3.2, but appears to be happening more often with 10.3.3. I notice the issue happens when I connect to my work wifi network. I should've tested the beta 6 longer and submitted a bug smh ������������

Thanks, a soft reset did indeed fix the Spotlight search location on my SE. I went ahead and did one on my iPad as well just in case there are other glitches I haven't come across yet that need it.

bluegreen1965

May 29, 2015
Visit site

I've had 10.3.3 installed for 2 days now, and the battery is worse than on 3.2. Anybody else having trouble?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

10.3.3 updated on all 4 devices ( iPhone 7Plus & 6Plus, iPad Air 2 and Mini 4 ) no hitches or glitches

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Ugh, I am having worse issues with Spotlight. It gets hung on my previous location and doesn't show relevant results. If I type "McDonalds" or "sushi" it shows restaurants that are near my home 20 miles away and not near my current location that I know should show up.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I updated my iPhone and Apple Watch to the current operating systems for each device and I see absoulty no difference in anything. Kinda surprised because there was about six 10.3.3 betas and such a long time to be released. At least Apple could have given me a "dark theme" or remove the shaded bottom dock. RANT OVER.

I agree that there don't seem to be any obvious differences between the last PB and the official...and also wish that there would have been a dark theme released.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Just updated my 7 Plus to 10.3.3
So far so good! Very smooth and no problems as of now.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

Just updated my 7 Plus to 10.3.3
So far so good! Very smooth and no problems as of now.

I have to agree that my 7Plus is running very smooth and the battery life seems to be better than the Public Beta 6. Could that be why the build numbers were different between the beta and the official release?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I have to agree that my 7Plus is running very smooth and the battery life seems to be better than the Public Beta 6. Could that be why the build numbers were different between the beta and the official release?

That could be why, if the build number between a GM and the official public release is different. It means it is a different build if I'm not mistaken.

wetermommy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

Running 10.3.3 after downgrading from 11 and since downgrade I'm unable to backup to iCloud. I've reset network settings, logged out of iCloud and back in, restarted my phone and nothing is working. I'm connected to wifi and have plenty of storage avail. Is anyone else having this issue?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Running 10.3.3 after downgrading from 11 and since downgrade I'm unable to backup to iCloud. I've reset network settings, logged out of iCloud and back in, restarted my phone and nothing is working. I'm connected to wifi and have plenty of storage avail. Is anyone else having this issue?

Hmm.. my iCloud works just fine and I just did a backup yesterday.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I had that issue. You'd need to delete your old backup and resync..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2