Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: 10.3.3 Dev Beta 6 available

It's build from the final beta. It went from 14G57 to 14G60. Likely more bugs found causing for the delay.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.3.3 officially available

This feels better and snappier than even the previous beta 6, and especially compared to 10.3.2. The keyboard feels better and more responsive, the OS in general feels snappier (opening apps, unlocking the phone, etc), Safari feels quicker. This just feels like an actual update. Maybe that APFS change really made a difference, but whatever it is, I am loving this update so far.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

This feels better and snappier than even the previous beta 6, and especially compared to 10.3.2. The keyboard feels better and more responsive, the OS in general feels snappier (opening apps, unlocking the phone, etc), Safari feels quicker. This just feels like an actual update. Maybe that APFS change really made a difference, but whatever it is, I am loving this update so far.

I can't even tell a single difference from beta 6.

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

When clearing your history in Safari you now have the option to clear past hour, day, etc. just like in the desktop version.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site

Installed. Nothing blew up. Too soon to say if there are any noticeable improvements compared to 10.3.2.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site

I'm curious on battery life improvements, if any. Of course, one day isn't enough to tell lol.

Battery life on my iPhone SE and iPad mini 4 has been so good that I've stopped monitoring it so I'm not one to ask. As far as I can tell it's still good with 10.3.3, but that's just going by this evening's video watching on the iPad: 3 hours of streaming, BlueTooth on for my AirPods, used 14% battery. I can live with that. ;)

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site

This update fixes a vulnerability which potentially allows for someone in wifi range of your device to remotely change memory contents and execute code with kernel-level access through the wifi chip, even if you are not connected to a network.

If you are on the fence about updating there is absolutely no reason not to.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

I updated my 6s yesterday. Runs as smooth as 10.3.2. Battery life seems fine.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Battery life seems definitely improved for me on my SE. Nothing CRAZY, but not seeing the random 2% skips like I use to (drop a % then drop another percent like 30 secs after).
Speed is still good on this one and keyboard is still nice and responsive. Loving this update so far....

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I updated my iPhone and Apple Watch to the current operating systems for each device and I see absoulty no difference in anything. Kinda surprised because there was about six 10.3.3 betas and such a long time to be released. At least Apple could have given me a "dark theme" or remove the shaded bottom dock. RANT OVER.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

So there is a bug for me. Spotlight search is not finding my location. When I change towns from my home to my work location (about 20 miles away), it doesn't pick up restaurants that is near me when I search.

For example, when I search "Mcdonalds" in spotlight, it still brings up results from my home area vs my work area.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Battery life seems definitely improved for me on my SE. Nothing CRAZY, but not seeing the random 2% skips like I use to (drop a % then drop another percent like 30 secs after).
Speed is still good on this one and keyboard is still nice and responsive. Loving this update so far....

Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site

So there is a bug for me. Spotlight search is not finding my location. When I change towns from my home to my work location (about 20 miles away), it doesn't pick up restaurants that is near me when I search.

For example, when I search "Mcdonalds" in spotlight, it still brings up results from my home area vs my work area.

Good catch. Too bad you weren't a beta tester! I get the same kind of location "miss" with my SE, but my iPad mini 4 is spot on. e.g., I'm in Reno, NV and a "McDonald's" Spotlight search on my SE lists them in Lodi, CA... 170 miles away. Even after I repeatedly have the Maps app correctly use GPS to get my true location.

My iPad lists McDonald's two blocks away, as it should. Weird, especially since I have never been in Lodi. Nor in the general vicinity since 2013 when I drove through Sacramento.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR