I need to know how to block/lock/delete/whatever is needed to stop my child from being able to reinstall an app that I'm no longer happy for her to use?!?!

I bought my 8yr old daughter an iPad (Air 2 I think!) for Christmas and set up all of the parental controls so I can monitor what she's doing online.

There was a particular game that the kids at school play, so of course she wanted to play it too. It looked ok, so I agreed to download it.

As time went on, I found the game to be inappropriate for her so I deleted it from the iPad.

Everyone at school still plays it so she was pretty upset but then a few days ago she told me that she had reinstalled it while I was at work, played on it then deleted it again when I got home!!!

I don't want to punish her by taking the iPad away as she chose to come and tell me what she'd done rather than hiding it. I didn't even know that this was possible, all of our other devices are android where once an app is deleted, its gone and a password would be needed again if you were to reinstall. I'm pretty horrified that Apple allow apps to be easily accessed again and I really need to know how to stop it?!?!

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm not technologically minded so any easy to understand help or advice would be hugely appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!!
    06-28-2017 07:33 PM
    06-28-2017 08:26 PM
    On the iPad, go to settings > General > restrictions > enter passcode > Toggle off installing apps and anything else you might want.

Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-28-2017 08:43 PM
    Thanks, would that prevent all apps from being installed? Or would I just need to put a password in for it like I do now for any new apps?
    07-06-2017 04:20 AM
    Thanks, would that prevent all apps from being installed? Or would I just need to put a password in for it like I do now for any new apps?
    Your kid will not be able to install any apps, unless he knows the restriction password.
    07-06-2017 04:40 AM