How has Siri led you astray -or- misunderstood you???

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
We have all recently shared our love/hate of dear Siri.... our desires for Siri to be better, smarter than all her other counterparts!

I myself have had some very interesting, frustrating and amusing (in hindsight) misadventures with our cyber assistant. So I thought it would be fun to share yours... and to see just how mad capped Siri adventures can be!

So have at it... share the funniest, most aggravating ways Siri has let you down!

Ready, Siri, GO!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Siri has indeed misunderstood me on a “few” occasions, but for the most part, Siri has been a pleasure to use to this point.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Siri for voice texting, usually when I am driving or walking the dog. One time I was texting with a friend, because we were both late to the same meeting. I arrived at the meeting first, and voice texted something like "I'm here... I'll go on in and let them know you're on your way"...

Several minutes later she came flying into the room and asked if everyone was alright... I was puzzled and said sure why?

She showed me her phone, and Siri had transcribed my text to read "I'm here... I have a gun and will let them know you're on your way".....

Seeing that, I understood why she had been so concerned!

Thanks Siri! :rolleyes:

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Misunderstands quite a lot. It's a computer program, and it's generally tuned for General American pronunciation (when set to US English).

My French Accent is completely hopeless with Siri, though. Her responding, in French, with "You're entitled to have that opinion." really, really pisses me off. I'd smash the screen, but iMacs are All-In-Ones, and not cheap.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Well... Siri has come a long way since first introduced and still has a long way to go in my honest opinion. That's all I have to say about that....LOL

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why, but I rarely have much trouble with Siri understanding me. Once in a great while, it will call up the wrong contact and dial that wrong contact instead of the one I intended, but that is very rare.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW