Is there a way to remove access to camera from the lock screen?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Is there a way to remove access to camera from the lock screen? Specifically, is there a way to remove said access without completely disabling the camera app?

I have a friend who leaves her phone on her desk at work, and her coworkers love to leave all sorts of creative photos on her phone. She's amused but tired of this happening. So she asked me and I am coming to all of you!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
She can do that by enabling Restrictions on her phone. Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions. Once she does that it will ask her to pick a new password. Once done all she has to do is torn off the Camera.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
She can do that by enabling Restrictions on her phone. Settings>General>Restrictions>Enable Restrictions. Once she does that it will ask her to pick a new password. Once done all she has to do is torn off the Camera.

That removes access to the camera totally, not just in the lock screen.

I agree that this would be a nice restriction to have, as you can restrict control panel from the lock screen, but I can't find a way to do so for the camera without restricting the camera totally. That might be a nice feedback for Apple: https://www.apple.com/feedback/#mn_p

As for your friend, either carry the phone with her, or maybe share some of the creative photos that her coworkers have taken with her boss to see if the boss will do something about that obnoxiousness. Or use the restriction that @firedept10 listed above when she is at work and turn off the restriction at the end of the day.

My nephew had the habit of taking hundreds of screenshots of the lock screen when he found an unattended phone laying around several years ago, but he had a better excuse - he was 12 years old.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It doesn't ask to pick a new password.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't ask to pick a new password.

That was likely mis-worded. If you have never set up restricted access, it asks you to set up a new restrictions passcode. It's not the lock screen passcode, but a special passcode for restrictions, which can be (and probably should be) different from the unlock passcode.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That was likely mis-worded. If you have never set up restricted access, it asks you to set up a new restrictions passcode. It's not the lock screen passcode, but a special passcode for restrictions, which can be (and probably should be) different from the unlock passcode.

In that case it would. I forget some have never used Restrictions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox