Playing notification sounds on the phone and music via bluetooth?

garfieldthecat

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I have an Iphone 6 running iOS 10.3.2

I have paired my Plantronics Voyager Bluetooth headset: Voyager Edge | Plantronics
and a pair of cheapish bluetooth stereo earphones.

Notification sounds were being played on the bluetooth, not the phone. So I scrolled up from the home screen, scrolled left to the music pane, and set AirMirroring to phone, not bluetooth. Notification sounds are now played by the phone, not the bluetooth , but I can use the bluetooth to make calls.

However, what I cannot seem to do is to play the notification sounds on the phone, and music on the bluetooth. This is the standard behaviour on Android (I am new to iOS). Is there an easy way to do it? Thanks.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
However, what I cannot seem to do is to play the notification sounds on the phone, and music on the bluetooth. This is the standard behaviour on Android (I am new to iOS). Is there an easy way to do it? Thanks.

Yeah, that would be nice. So would the ability to play all notifications on my watch, if it is connected, even if the phone's display is on. Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do either of those things. The iPhone assumes that if you are listening to something on BT, that you want the notifications to play there, too.

I'd love for the iPhone to get better discrete controls over things like this (also, choose which apps play sound, which vibrate, which can do both. Now, if I want sound notifications for an app, any app that has sound notification turned on plays a sound. It is rare for an app to give you a vibrate-only choice.)

Unless I am missing something...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711