I'm always a stock person. I almost feel like I'm cheating on my OS if I start using another keyboard haha. Also, I'm spending $3+ on something that could be free

Swiftkey is nice because it has a lot of settings and you can customise quite of lot. Obviously supports a lot of languages but the IOS keyboard does that to.

I think most people get it for its prediction system and the first thing I mentioned but stock keyboard for me.
    The predictive is what I like about SwiftKey. I can type 2 characters of any one of my 7 email addresses, and it shows up. Stock won't do that.
    05-15-2017 10:58 AM
    So you trust employees at Apple to see what you type, but not SwiftKey?
    I trust Apple more than Microsoft for ongoing data security, yes. I know that the risk is low, but Apple seems to fight more for proper encryption and security more than Microsoft does, IMO.
    jnew619 and Sherry_B like this.
    05-15-2017 11:01 AM
    BTW, it's not employees at Apple or Microsoft that I trust or don't trust. Are their systems secure from break in? (Probably, but at this point, I'm not sure how integrated SwiftKey is into Microsoft. Are the servers that collect the data actually still using SwiftKey's original systems, or have they been integrated into Microsoft operating centers?) And it's not just passwords that I want secured. I prefer that the things that I type, as I type them, are not uploaded in order to provide better prediction. Apple's predictions are good enough for me without them being uploaded to Apple's servers as I type.

That's my choice. You are, of course, free to make your own risk/reward decisions.
    TheRandomDealio likes this.
    05-15-2017 11:25 AM
    I don't use the diction thing, and coming from platforms where I can swipe/jump makes using keyboards with that option a no-brainer for me.
    SwiftKey is ok but I love WordFlow (Shame on MS for not allowing it to be available everywhere).
    metalchick719 likes this.
    05-15-2017 12:10 PM
    I use stock keybord as I'm the fastest on it and make less mistakes but if I use a custom one its GoKeyboard
    05-15-2017 12:28 PM
    iOS keyboard is the best native keyboard that I have used. Tried many third party ones but always go back in two or three days
    05-15-2017 01:34 PM
    I use the stock keyboard. I have a few others as novelties and stiff, but love the stock keyboard.
    05-15-2017 03:27 PM
    I used to use SwiftKey, but then I ditched it when Word Flow became available for iOS. That's my go-to keyboard, although it's sometimes annoying. It's definitely better on Windows Phone than iOS. It's generally okay, but there are too many dumb typos on iOS every now and then. Still, I prefer Word Flow to SwiftKey because I would rather swipe to text or email.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-15-2017 04:00 PM
    I used Swiftkey on Android, iPhone 7+ is my first iPhone and I initially tried Swiftkey but after a week or so went back to the stock iOS Keyboard which I feel works well.
    05-15-2017 05:37 PM
    Gboard has included mic dictation to text recently. There's a mic symbol on the space bar, just long press to activate. I use that all the time now

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...bc668a2b23.png
    Thanks - might try it again.
    Paul Ellis1 likes this.
    05-15-2017 05:49 PM
    I used to use SwiftKey, but then I ditched it when Word Flow became available for iOS. That's my go-to keyboard, although it's sometimes annoying. It's definitely better on Windows Phone than iOS. It's generally okay, but there are too many dumb typos on iOS every now and then. Still, I prefer Word Flow to SwiftKey because I would rather swipe to text or email.
    What makes Word Flow's swipe better than SwiftKey's? I generally don't swipe to text as it slows me down, I am curious how different swipe keyboards differ though.
    05-15-2017 06:03 PM
    I used Swiftkey on Android, iPhone 7+ is my first iPhone and I initially tried Swiftkey but after a week or so went back to the stock iOS Keyboard which I feel works well.
    That sounds about like me. I used a third party keyboard when I was using an Android phone and I attempted the same when I first switched to iOS (iPhone 6) but it just didn't feel like a seamless experience across the OS and apps.

I use diction and for things like my email addresses that I type regularly...I just go in and add text replacements.
    05-15-2017 06:27 PM
    That sounds about like me. I used a third party keyboard when I was using an Android phone and I attempted the same when I first switched to iOS (iPhone 6) but it just didn't feel like a seamless experience across the OS and apps.

I use diction and for things like my email addresses that I type regularly...I just go in and add text replacements.
    I have to agree, the experience didn't feel seamless. iirc there was several times where the stock iOS keyboard would pop up even though the Swiftkey keyboard was selected as default.

I'm sure I remember there was a way to fix that but even after I did that the iOS keyboard still made an appearance.
    05-15-2017 07:31 PM
    What makes Word Flow's swipe better than SwiftKey's? I generally don't swipe to text as it slows me down, I am curious how different swipe keyboards differ though.
    I think overall it's a little smoother and more accurate, but I'm also very used to it because I used Windows Phone for 3 years. It's definitely not as polished for iOS as it is for Windows, though.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-15-2017 08:30 PM
    I’ve used SwiftKey before, and while searching for good 3rd party keyboards, I found one of the most customizable, called Nintype. It can use both typing and sliding within each word, with optional word prediction, autocorrect, and the looks and colors.
    05-15-2017 08:46 PM
    I've tried SwiftKey and other 3rd party offerings but I always come back to the iOS keyboard.
    robertk328 and Tartarus like this.
    05-16-2017 06:36 AM
    Once you use and master swiping your words there is no going back, so keyboard that doesn't offer that is a no go for me. First thing I do when I use an iPhone and iPad is to install both Swiftkey and Gboard, far superiors to the default one.
    05-16-2017 10:08 AM
    I use the stock keyboard on my phone and iPad.
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-16-2017 10:40 AM
    I have never been a fan of those third party keyboards. I like stock the best.
    I'm even thinking of removing the Bitmoji keyboard, because I find it kinda annoying.
    05-16-2017 11:04 AM
    Neither. I used Swiftkey for yeeeeearrrrrss on android. Shortly after I switched to Apple with a 6s+ the GBoard app appeared and I tried it out. Its swiping was much more fluid than swiftkey on iOS and I've switched to it as my main keyboard. As a matter of fact I like GBoard so much that as soon as it finally got released for Android I dumped swiftkey on my tablet as well. Swiftkey was starting to feel bloated and slow to respond.
    05-16-2017 01:57 PM
    I'm even thinking of removing the Bitmoji keyboard, because I find it kinda annoying.
    Same here....
    Tartarus likes this.
    05-16-2017 01:59 PM
    For me , I prefer Swiftkey and Gboard

This is because the themes are better , and I like having my own image for Gboard ( the Proximity Logo ) , and Swiftkey's starry theme is really nice

I hate the apple stock keyboard . The first thing I do when I get an iPhone , is download Swiftkey/Gboard , allow full access , and then delete the English UK option

Lots of people have said Word Flow is a good keyboard , but it doesnt seem to be in the app store . Is it exclusive to some regions ?

It doesnt seem to be in the UK
    05-16-2017 02:38 PM
    I find that the iOS keyboard is my preferred keyboard. Doesn't have a lot of the other features but appears to have superior auto correct for my usage.
    05-16-2017 03:06 PM
    All the other keyboards are good and all, but with 3d touch cursor movement using stock keyboard nothing can change my mind.
    05-16-2017 04:00 PM
    All the other keyboards are good and all, but with 3d touch cursor movement using stock keyboard nothing can change my mind.
    GBoard can do that as well.
    KenV54 likes this.
    05-16-2017 04:46 PM
66 123