Talking Call ID

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
This is a great addition, available on iOS 10. It surprised me that very little mention is made of it elsewhere, & I only tripped over it watching a YouTube video about new and hidden features ( I'm iOS 10.3.1 on iPhone 6) When enabled, Siri will automatically announce (during the ringtone) the caller by name if it's in your contacts, and if it's Internet call like Facetime or WhatsApp audio or Facebook Messenger Audio or a regular call...
To enable it : go SETTINGS/PHONE/ ANNOUNCE CALLS / then choose a preference...

With all the hoopla & fanfare about stuff like 'new emoji' in a previous update, or the handy but far from show stopping 'NightShift' it's beyond me ( yep -I'm a grumpy old guy) that a feature as slick as this is mostly only known to a few..

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It's a nice addition. I almost immediately started using and don't regret it ever since.
But truth be told, if you're a little privacy sensitive, I can understand that you won't enable it.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't get many calls, but I have it set for headphones (for when I'm running) and for car, to make it a lot safer to know who is calling when i am driving.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I have t set to headphones only. Works great. I told my friend about it who is new to iPhone and iOS. He decided to set it to announce always.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox