Incorrect name showing in reviews - how to change?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I write a review of an app in the App Store on my iPad, once the review displays, it shows my name as "on". It's Don, where is it getting this? My name is correct in the Apple ID being used for login, same as in iTunes on myMac, and it does not let me see/change/enter my name when I write a review. Do you know anything about this, how to correct it? Thanks!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I see a way to do it in iTunes on my Mac, but not seeing it in iOS. Hopefully someone has the answer.
Is your name listed right in Account settings? So if you go to:

Settings > iTunes & App Store

Tap your ID at the top and view your account.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Robert, are you referring to Settings/iTunes & App Store on iOS? If so, when I tap the Apple ID showing my email address, I get an option to View Apple ID/Sign Out/iForgot/Cancel, if I tap View Apple ID, Account Settings comes up, but it just shows my Apple ID with my email address - and tapping it takes me to appleid.apple.com. I don't see my name anywhere?

I have checked on iTunes on my Mac too, under account information I don't see my name anywhere there either other than in Billing Address, and it is correct (with a Mr. at the front of it).

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
In iTunes, go to the Account menu (top of the screen) and select "View My Account".

It may take a second or 3 for the account to appear in the iTunes window.

Scroll down near the bottom, you’ll see a section called "Settings". The first setting is your Nickname, and there is an "Edit Nickname" button to the right.

Keep us posted!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
That was it! Thank you TwitchyPuppy, I didn't scroll down far enough before! That was where the bad nickname was. Thanks again (and to Robert).

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That was it! Thank you TwitchyPuppy, I didn't scroll down far enough before! That was where the bad nickname was. Thanks again (and to Robert).

Glad you got it working -- wasn't sure you could do it in iOS but knew it was possible in iTunes on desktop.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner