The TV App is one of the worst apps Apple has ever made. This is the best effort we get from them? I've been using it since it first showed up in the betas and its barely improved. Its slow to load, you can't delete videos you've downloaded onto your phone unless you do it through iTunes, it doesn't have landscape support (the app itself, obviously videos playing are in landscape), and it just shows stuff that you can't hide or remove like Recently Purchased Shows and Movies. Just give me a simple, native video player like the original Videos app was. This app is junk and Apple should be ashamed that this is on anyone's iPhone.
    03-29-2017 06:23 AM
    Well, I'm glad it's not on Canadian iPhones then!
    njlx2016 likes this.
    03-29-2017 06:25 AM
    Well, I'm glad it's not on Canadian iPhones then!
    Be thankful. I wouldn't care if the original video app was still available, but what they've given us for a movie player is complete trash. I thought maybe it would see a big overhaul in the betas, but its barely, and I mean barely improved.
    03-29-2017 06:29 AM
    No problem here, I was mad like you first but everything has solved by Apple.

Just for the record:

1 Set your device on Air plane mode then it works fast.
    2 You can delete any downloaded video by holding on them then you will see the delete button. or hold Download button to see "remove" in order to remove entire TV Show/Season
    3 It has landscape support on my iPad Pro 12.9" but for iPhone i don't think so.
    4 You can hide any video via your account>Hide, You can find it on your device when connected to your Apple ID.

The TV app is pretty on my devices and it made me greedy buying more movies and TV shows on iTunes.
    Last edited by italodance; 03-29-2017 at 07:26 AM.
    ecr80 likes this.
    03-29-2017 07:14 AM
    No problem here, I was mad like you first but everything has solved by Apple.

Just for the record:

1 Set your device on Air plane mode then it works fast.
    2 You can delete any downloaded video by holding on them then you will see the delete button. or hold Download button to see "remove" in order to remove entire TV Show/Season
    3 It has landscape support on my iPad Pro 12.9" but for iPhone i don't think so.
    4 You can hide any video via your account>Hide, You can find it on your device when connected to your Apple ID.

The TV app is pretty on my devices and it made me greedy buying more movies and TV shows on iTunes.
    1. Uh no, I'm not putting my phone in air plane mode just to watch a video. That's ridiculous and it shouldn't have to be done.

2. Thank you, clicking the movie and then holding the movie prompted the "remove download." I can at least delete movies off my phone now.

3. No landscape support on iPhone, which is a joke.

4. No you can't hide them. You can hide movies via iTunes but you can't turn off the recently purchased movies and tv shows in the app.

5. I don't need to be enticed to buy more tv shows or movies. I have a large iTunes library of movies and I don't need Apple constantly trying to sell me more. Just give us a simple video player like the original one used to be. The fact that it's called "TV" is even laughable. It's a video player, not a TV.

6. The app is complete garbage. The fact that you suggest turning on airplane mode just to watch a simple movie only verifies that. I appreciate the assistance but there's no getting around that this app is horrific.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    03-29-2017 08:13 AM
    03-29-2017 11:41 AM
    At least there's a way to hide purchased TV shows and movies in iTunes. Try doing that with Google Play.
    03-29-2017 11:50 AM
    At least there's a way to hide purchased TV shows and movies in iTunes. Try doing that with Google Play.
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the TV App being a piece of junk. There is no way to hide recently purchased TV Shows and Movies in the app which is ridiculous.
    03-29-2017 12:02 PM
    I'm not sure what that has to do with the TV App being a piece of junk. There is no way to hide recently purchased TV Shows and Movies in the app which is ridiculous.
    In regards to hiding purchases altogether, I'm trying to say that at least there's a way to do it in Apple's ecosystem.
    03-29-2017 12:06 PM
    In regards to hiding purchases altogether, I'm trying to say that at least there's a way to do it in Apple's ecosystem.
    Yes I get that, but the fact that you can't hide it within the TV app is a joke. Do I really need to see what I've purchased recently every single time I open up the app? Not to mention that it slows the app down because it has to pull that information in order to show it to me.
    03-29-2017 12:10 PM
    I don't like the music app. I used to be able to see all the songs by one artist on one screen. I don't know which upgrade it was that got rid of it but now I can only view one album at a time or shuffle. I absolutely hate it. I don't use the tv app often and I haven't noticed how bad it is.
    03-29-2017 01:08 PM
    I don't like the music app. I used to be able to see all the songs by one artist on one screen. I don't know which upgrade it was that got rid of it but now I can only view one album at a time or shuffle. I absolutely hate it. I don't use the tv app often and I haven't noticed how bad it is.
    Agree. I really don't care for the music app either. Haven't used the TV app so can't comment.
    03-29-2017 11:24 PM
    I don't like ketchup on my hotdogs. In fact I absolutely hate it.
    eyecrispy and g4s3 like this.
    03-29-2017 11:54 PM
    I don't like ketchup on my hotdogs. In fact I absolutely hate it.
    Yeah, thats a great analogy. You don't have to put ketchup on your hotdogs, but you don't have a choice when it comes to a native video player on iOS. Nice attempt though.
    knotsure likes this.
    03-30-2017 06:01 AM
    Yeah, thats a great analogy. You don't have to put ketchup on your hotdogs, but you don't have a choice when it comes to a native video player on iOS. Nice attempt though.
    Maybe so, but my point was more to the fact that we both are going to get the same results complaining about our issues on a user forum.
    Ledsteplin had the only correct response that even has a chance of getting your issues with the TV App addressed ...
    njlx2016 and g4s3 like this.
    03-30-2017 08:24 AM
    The TV app is terrible. Things like that are the reason why I just pirate more and more. The more I speak with my wallet, the more they'll listen.
    03-30-2017 04:11 PM
    Maybe so, but my point was more to the fact that we both are going to get the same results complaining about our issues on a user forum.
    Ledsteplin had the only correct response that even has a chance of getting your issues with the TV App addressed ...
    Agreed, but nothing wrong with airing out some opinions in a user forum either.
    knotsure likes this.
    03-30-2017 08:09 PM
    The TV app is terrible. Things like that are the reason why I just pirate more and more. The more I speak with my wallet, the more they'll listen.
    Sry but this are absolutely disjunctive things… the terrible app on iOS has nothing to do with buying content in the whole Apple ecosystem. (It works fine on tvOS and in iTunes - sry, but this is a truth)
    anon(427874) likes this.
    03-30-2017 11:25 PM
    Sry but this are absolutely disjunctive things… the terrible app on iOS has nothing to do with buying content in the whole Apple ecosystem. (It works fine on tvOS and in iTunes - sry, but this is a truth)
    Yeah.

I like free stuff though.
    03-31-2017 12:47 AM
    This is true, and I have no issue with the app on the Apple TV. It works as it should. I just don't understand why Apple has to give us this overstuffed and bloated app on our phones without another basic video/movie playing app.
    03-31-2017 04:13 AM
    Haven't used it.... forgot it was there!
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    03-31-2017 05:36 AM