Sending mass text messgaes to one person

coxley24

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. My wife accidentally erased all our texts from Jan 1 through now and wants me to send them back to her. Is there a way I can select the entire message string and send back to her? The only way I have figured out to do it is individually select EVERY text message we have sent to each other and resend. And then I'll get an "Imessage isn't active. Please activate to send message" error. It's already on. It'll take me 3 years to do it this way. She doesn't have an ios device. I'm lost and need help!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Unfortunately there is no way to send all of the past texts in bulk. You will need to select them and send them separately. If you have some type of PC application you could backup texts and then send her a file with them.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is a possibility, but you might want to contact your carrier to see if there's anyway they can help you.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
And I believe there is a limit on the number of texts you can send as SMS at the same time.

rdstryr

Trusted Member
Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Take a look back at those text, if you said anything that could bring her wrath down upon you, just say "no, sorry hunny, no way to do it". lol

Seriously though, if she backs up to iCloud on a regular basis maybe you can try a restore and hope that her last backup was before she deleted. If you have a Mac and she has iMessage/SMS turned on on it the text should be there, she wont have it back on her phone but at least she'll have them still.

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Take a look back at those text, if you said anything that could bring her wrath down upon you, just say "no, sorry hunny, no way to do it". lol

Seriously though, if she backs up to iCloud on a regular basis maybe you can try a restore and hope that her last backup was before she deleted. If you have a Mac and she has iMessage/SMS turned on on it the text should be there, she wont have it back on her phone but at least she'll have them still.

OP said she is not on iOS ??????

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. My wife accidentally erased all our texts from Jan 1 through now and wants me to send them back to her. Is there a way I can select the entire message string and send back to her? The only way I have figured out to do it is individually select EVERY text message we have sent to each other and resend. And then I'll get an "Imessage isn't active. Please activate to send message" error. It's already on. It'll take me 3 years to do it this way. She doesn't have an ios device. I'm lost and need help!

Just a "going forward" post. Since you mention that she doesn't have an iOS device, I assume that she is on Android. If so, I've always had good luck with the free app SMS Backup+. It backs up text messages as they are sent and received to conversations in a Gmail label (which are marked read, so they don't bump up the unread count and don't go in the inbox - though it can be set up that way if you want to.)

It can also back up your call logs.

Text messages can be restored with the tool as well, though I believe it cannot restore MMS messages. However, as I said, the conversations are easily readable in Gmail.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync

(I wish that there was something like this for iOS. Or even that iCloud or iTunes restore could discretely restore just messages and not everything else without having to wipe the phone completely.)

coxley24

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the help. I've kinda' discovered I have to send a little group of texts, then another, then another to get them to her. It won't send all in one massive bulk if I select all of them. Well, I'll have plenty of practice hitting radio buttons for sure!

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I knew there was a limit on how many you could send at once. Glad you got it worked out though.

dasting

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Do you want to send all messages to her phone? It's easy to export your messages to excel document as a backup or send it to someone, all data sort by following format:
Name PhoneNumber Datetime Type(send/received) Text

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner