I use Apple Pay all the time now and I mostly leave my cards at home. Now at BJ's wholesale if the card you use with Apple Pay has a chip the reader asks you not to swipe your card but use the chip. WTF! I didn't have my card with me stuck not being able to use Apple Pay. I hope this chip thing doesn't before a real problem.
    02-15-2017 09:16 PM
    I've had the same issue here in Canada at many stores. It depends on the reader they are using for payment. Many stores are staying with their older card readers as they can be expensive to replace. I would love to leave my cards at home but it is not a reality yet unfortunately.
    02-16-2017 02:13 AM
    That's crazy! I've been using Apple Pay to make purchases at BJ's since December 2015. I do recall one time a few months ago that a cashier told me they were doing away with Apple Pay, but that never happened at the store I frequent because I've been able to use it every time since. But the chip thing is something I've never heard.
    02-17-2017 06:48 PM
    That's crazy! I've been using Apple Pay to make purchases at BJ's since December 2015. I do recall one time a few months ago that a cashier told me they were doing away with Apple Pay, but that never happened at the store I frequent because I've been able to use it every time since. But the chip thing is something I've never heard.
    Not all cards have a chip. My MasterCard does, but the Visa does not.
    02-17-2017 07:22 PM
    Not all cards have a chip. My MasterCard does, but the Visa does not.
    My Visa has one. It's also the only card I have (my Kohl's card doesn't count, LOL). I just thought it odd that shoppers using Apple Pay would be required to suddenly take their cards out to complete their transactions. That doesn't sound right at all.
    02-17-2017 08:13 PM
    So far it's only at bjs. I can still use Apple Pay other places. They told me I might not be an issue every where but they know the readers they use are having that issue. The one guy at the store didn't know if it was gonna be fixed but said it's Apple Pay and Samsung Pay too.
    02-17-2017 08:21 PM
    My Visa has one. It's also the only card I have (my Kohl's card doesn't count, LOL). I just thought it odd that shoppers using Apple Pay would be required to suddenly take their cards out to complete their transactions. That doesn't sound right at all.
    Do you have to stick your Visa in the front of some machines, rather than swiping?
    02-17-2017 09:30 PM
    So far it's only at bjs. I can still use Apple Pay other places. They told me I might not be an issue every where but they know the readers they use are having that issue. The one guy at the store didn't know if it was gonna be fixed but said it's Apple Pay and Samsung Pay too.
    I noticed this at BJs, too.
    02-18-2017 05:39 AM
    Do you have to stick your Visa in the front of some machines, rather than swiping?
    Yes. At some of them, you have to swipe and then insert the card, which is pretty annoying. Then, there are also some places where I shop where they still don't even have the chip reading machines yet, so it's swipe only.
    02-18-2017 12:11 PM
    Yes. At some of them, you have to swipe and then insert the card, which is pretty annoying. Then, there are also some places where I shop where they still don't even have the chip reading machines yet, so it's swipe only.
    Most I just swipe. But there's a few I have to insert the card. But not both.
    02-18-2017 01:24 PM