Is anyone having any problems with yahoo pushing mail? I double checked my settings and made sure it's on push. I have 5 bars lte and strong wifi, it seems I have to go into the app and pull it down to refresh. I'm running iOS 10.2.1 on my iPhone 7 plus 128gb.
    Thanks in advanced!
    02-10-2017 12:38 PM
    I'm not having an issue with getting my Yahoo mail at the moment. But it can be problematic!!! You might want to delete the account and then reinstall. It's a bit of a pain, but it has helped me in the past.
    krazeej412 likes this.
    02-10-2017 12:41 PM
    Is anyone having any problems with yahoo pushing mail? I double checked my settings and made sure it's on push. I have 5 bars lte and strong wifi, it seems I have to go into the app and pull it down to refresh. I'm running iOS 10.2.1 on my iPhone 7 plus 128gb.
    Thanks in advanced!
    I'm not experiencing any issues with Yahoo Mail at the moment.
    02-10-2017 12:49 PM
    Same problem here. I have to pull down mail rather than it being pushed, and have done for months. Yahoo is garbage!
    krazeej412 likes this.
    02-10-2017 01:42 PM
    I don't use native with IMAP, I use the app itself, it's good for security too (like app passwords etc)
    Just_Me_D and doogald like this.
    02-10-2017 01:52 PM
    Slowly distancing myself from a Yahoo Mail account I've had for years, while I am currently using Outlook as my Mail app of choice. It doesn't seem to have any problem getting pushed email from that account.
    Apple's own Mail app I bailed on several iOS versions back - it currently resides in a 'Junk Drawer' folder (along with many of the OSs native apps) - while Yahoo and Gmail's offerings always seemed....problematic.
    02-10-2017 03:07 PM
    So I think I found the culprit but don't know a solution yet on how to fix it... I took a screen shot but i can't post it in the comments but I have fetch new data set to PUSH, after I click it to see my accounts, I click yahoo and it only gives fetch and manual. Now it used to have push. To confirm I checked my iCloud email and it has the push feature still. Can this problem be in the ios and do you think the next patch update will fix this?
    02-11-2017 12:45 AM
    I don't use native with IMAP, I use the app itself, it's good for security too (like app passwords etc)
    I did try the app and although it worked very well, I just couldn't live with all those adverts!
    02-11-2017 11:59 AM
    I did try the app and although it worked very well, I just couldn't live with all those adverts!
    Yes! That sucks, but I only use yahoo now for my junk collecting newsletters and what not. I use my paid services for communications.
    02-11-2017 06:23 PM
    Yes! That sucks, but I only use yahoo now for my junk collecting newsletters and what not. I use my paid services for communications.
    As of yesterday my Yahoo Accounts are not Pushing and Push is no longer an option in the settings? Called Apple Care, the usual delete/add and nothing. Sucks...two Yahoo!'s and 2 Gmails and none Push in the Native Mail app
    02-14-2017 11:33 AM
    As of yesterday my Yahoo Accounts are not Pushing and Push is no longer an option in the settings? Called Apple Care, the usual delete/add and nothing. Sucks...two Yahoo!'s and 2 Gmails and none Push in the Native Mail app
    Yeah, you definitely need apps for those imap accounts.
    02-14-2017 11:54 AM
    Yeah, you definitely need apps for those imap accounts.
    Thanks! But why would it stop all of a sudden, Push was available until Yesterday, also do the apps have crazy advertisements before I switch over?
    02-14-2017 06:13 PM
    Well this is what I found out so far, it's not in fact apple it's yahoo I'm attaching the the link on yahoo forums that I discovered. I sure hope yahoo brings that feature back because I downloaded the yahoo mail app and I don't like it and it's almost 200mb in size.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Sending-...tch/m-p/187264
    02-14-2017 09:02 PM
    I just sent a message from my iCloud account via the native Mail app on my iPhone 7 Plus to my Yahoo email account. Within 4 seconds, I was alerted via the Email by Easily.Do app, in which my Yahoo account is configured, of my received email.
    02-14-2017 09:18 PM
    So first, Yahoo!'s response to me was very simple. They are currently in the process of changing security protocols due to recent hacking issues. At this time the option was take the server down or to turn off the Push capability. They assured me it would be back on and did not say a word about downloading the app.

This did however say that unless you need an email instantly, using Fetch is easier on the battery. They said, is like a constant checking of "Is there mail, is there mail, is there mail" consistently at all times while Fetch at 15 minute intervals will increase battery life, but for those who need instant notification Push will be back probably with iOS 11.

So here's the weird thing. In an attempt to get PUSH back before my correspondence I deleted all my Yahoo and Gmail Accounts from my iPhone. My Yahoo!'s load in the native app perfect. My Gmails are not budging. I enter the username and password and it flash back to account screen where you choose and email provider.
    02-15-2017 02:14 AM