Live

Black Friday deal team is live right now!

Check out the hottest Black Friday Deals!

Expand Minimize
    I find myself lately becoming bored with iOS in general. I have debated on moving to android, but I am not sure I like how segmented android is. I think apple for the next iPhone needs to revisit what made this operating system great to begin with. I think I am gonna need something big I am afraid for me to stay with iOS. What you think? The lack of individuality on iOS needs to change. You can change the case and your wallpapers but that's about it. Let me in!!!! Okay that's my rant. Let me know what you guys think. My first post. Lol
    Deanig_12, mcduffyteresa and H_D like this.
    02-05-2017 10:01 AM
    Nope. iOS is fine as it is. Personally I can't think of anything I'd like to change on it.
    02-05-2017 10:10 AM
    I'm fine with the way it is. iOS does everything I want it to do.
    02-05-2017 10:23 AM
    Long time Android user who switched to iOS in Oct 2015. Can't say I've gotten bored yet. With my Samsung phones I'd always get bored and upgrade every 6 months or so.... just not having that problem here on iOS. Loving it.
    Tartarus, Truman82, Jghuff and 1 others like this.
    02-05-2017 10:36 AM
    Never. I even still discover new things, with 3D Touch and Force Press (?)
    02-05-2017 10:44 AM
    I take your point, the issue is that most people just don't care that much about the subtle personalization that you're referring to. I don't crave it enough to switch on that basis alone let's put it that way.
    njlx2016, libra89 and swarlos like this.
    02-05-2017 11:03 AM
    Once they let you in you'll get bored with that too. iOS does everything you need done and post people that like it they like that they don't have to switch keyboards and messaging apps every few months. Everything works and gets out of your way to allow you to use the apps and enjoy the experience
    02-05-2017 11:04 AM
    I got bored myself a couple of months back. Ended up trading my Apple Watch series 2 for an S7 Edge. Now I can have the best of both worlds... For now, I am enjoying the wireless, fast charging on the S7 Edge and I also am loving Samsung Pay!
    02-05-2017 11:35 AM
    Have you seen some of the godawful ways people customize their phones in the jailbreak / custom ROM community? The vast majority of themes are gaudy or just plain ugly.
    02-05-2017 11:57 AM
    At times, I get bored with its overall look, but I also realize that it's as should be without making the user experience complicated.
    akutch34 and Frehley like this.
    02-05-2017 12:29 PM
    Yes, the OS (and iPhone) is boring, and it's getting awfully long in the tooth from those days when they clearly 'reimagined' the PalmOS running on the TX (circa 2005) for the iPod Touch, and then shifted that to the iPhone. 'Bells and whistles' and hidden 'features' seem to be the go-to in lieu of anything Insanely Great (or even intuitive), but thankfully, someone talked Jobs off the ledge early on - when he wanted only Apple apps run on the thing. So at least 3rd Party providers are attempting to make it more useful than it was ever intended. But Boring 'R Us remains, in spite (or because) of Ive.

But it (mostly) works as intended, and, while fairly bland, corporate and soulless, y'know, sometimes IIABDFI (If It Ain't Broke...)
    libra89, Frehley and aximtreo like this.
    02-05-2017 03:17 PM
    Yeah I am seeing all the points and I think given a month with and android I would wanna buy an iPhone back. At these things aren't cheap we know that.

It's kinda like a [redacted] on a moped. They are fun to ride, but you wouldn't want your friends seeing you. Anyways I have decided against going with and android for now. Unless something mind blowing comes out.

Plus not to mention I am addicted to world of tanks and it plays so smooth on the iPhone 6s Plus.
    Last edited by Just_Me_D; 02-05-2017 at 04:09 PM.
    02-05-2017 03:27 PM
    Nope! Patiently waiting for the next iPhone and iOS.
    02-05-2017 07:56 PM
    Have you seen some of the godawful ways people customize their phones in the jailbreak / custom ROM community? The vast majority of themes are gaudy or just plain ugly.
    I'd suffer the risk of being gaudy for a chance to customize.
    02-05-2017 08:15 PM
    I think it depends on what you're looking for. To me iOS looks good enough for me to not want to mess around with it. It's how it works that keeps an iPhone as my main device most of the time.

I do test a lot of Android phones too, and I prefer pretty much only the stock Android look. The only customization I'm doing on other Android phones is to make it look as close to stock as possible.

If you're into theming the phones, changing icons every now and again, then sure, Android can do that for you. If you want something not too segmented, and an experience that is closest to iPhone, the Pixel is a great choice. There are things on Android that are done better than iOS.

I prefer the look of stock Android more, but I prefer how things works on iOS more. In the end I need the phone to work better rather than look better. So it's really up to you to decide.
    02-05-2017 09:12 PM
    No, I'm still enjoying iOS the way I have been. The updates are enough for me and the new features are mostly welcome (if not I don't use them).

Could there be other more exciting things? Sure But nothing I'm going to lose sleep over.
    02-06-2017 06:34 AM
    I understand the idea of getting bored and I do admit that I get a little fed up of things once in a while but then I change my wallpaper and get over it.

I had a HTC One for years and got bored of that too
    02-06-2017 06:48 AM
    No, it's part of a tool to me and not an entertainment in itself, even if I use it partly to entertain me.
    Truman82 likes this.
    02-06-2017 07:19 AM
    Back in my BlackBerry days I would get bored and change my sim to a different phone every couple of days but with ios the phones are similar and expensive to own however with ios we get frequent updates and the device seems to just keep working well so some think it is boring remember the old saying " be careful what you ask for " .
    02-06-2017 07:33 AM
    I think iOS is fine the way it is. I like that I can get things done rather than spend time figuring out where stuff has moved to with this version or update.
    02-06-2017 08:47 AM
    I'll agree. The OS itself is boring. But that's fine for me. It does everything I need it to do and overall it makes my life simpler by being a part of the entire Apple ecosystem. So although it is boring, what it does offer is enough to keep me around. Honestly, after using Android for years that got boring as well.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-06-2017 09:04 AM
    If iOS would allow you to place your icons exactly where you want them instead of forcing you to fill from top to bottom. It would go along way, in my opinion, in making iOS look the way you want it to look.

Its a simple idea..... but it would give you a chance to make your home screen more custom.
    libra89, Frehley, aximtreo and 1 others like this.
    02-06-2017 09:36 AM
    Never felt bored with iOS, just frustrated at times. But my iPhone 7 has really been impressive so I'm perfectly fine where I am at the moment.
    02-06-2017 09:38 AM
    I think it is good to "shake things up" every once in a while, so try out an Android phone. My suggestion would be to get a Pixel phone, so you'll be guaranteed to get the monthly Android updates.
    02-06-2017 10:59 AM
    No. I had Android for six years before switching to iPhone in fall 2015. One thing that no Android phone never had was a Samsung Store, Motorola Store, HTC Store, Google Store, or LG Store (at least anywhere near me) where I could bring my phone in for repair. I've already had my iPhone 6s battery replaced by Apple at the local Genius Bar for free because Apple recalled it. Meanwhile, people with the Droid Turbo 2 had issues that had to be repaired and it took weeks for Motorola to repair the phone after it was sent in, and these phones continue to have battery charging issues that have no recall - they just keep getting refurbished replacements until the warranty expires.

I'll take "boring" iOS over that level of support until something changes (and then I doubt still that I will go back.)
    02-06-2017 11:24 AM
101 123 ...