Anyone else getting bored with iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'll be honest, I can't stay on iOS solely. It get too bored. I have a s8+ and it helps because as I get bored with one platform, I can just swap my sim card.

me_dego

May 9, 2018
Visit site
Yes, it's kinda boring for me. Google releases new things by small batches (launcher, system apps etc) and you can get an early taste of those by installing APK even before the major OS update. That's what I like in Android.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Boring? Not really. Do I wish they would bring some of their native apps inline with 3rd-party alternatives? Definitely.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Actually more than boring, I'm getting concerned about iOS and the way Apple do things.

Although I really love my iPhone X and the privacy I have with it, I must say I get using Google Assistant more and more every time I jump my SIM to my KeyOne. I just miss it a lot every time I come back to iPhone, since Siri, honestly, is simply unusable and meaningless. I mean, how can Apple make a so poor and inconsistent service? It simply doesn't fit Apple quality bar in any ways.

The same I can say about AppleCar. I mean, do I really pay thousand bucks for a gadget whose car service doesn't have a single GPS app on it? Really? Again, this piece of c**p simply can't stand with an Apple logo on it.

Somebody would say now: so jump to your KeyOne, sell your iPhone X and be happy. Yes, I would probably do that. If I wasn't concerned with my privacy every single time I use an Android device. And if I hasn't spend a lot of money in iOS apps for the last nine years (I'm an iPhone user since de first one).

The way Apple is doing thing ultimately will gave us without choice but to use Android devices if you want to be in line with internet little researches and if you use your car a lot for work and leisure (my case). And I can't be happy with that at all. Google Duplex is here, and obviously it is the future of mobile. If Apple don't make strong efforts to turn Siri in a minimal useful service, it will really struggle in some years. So, more than being boring, I fear iOS is being turned just obsolete, which was inconceivable just a couple of years ago.

Cheers,

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
That’s really the argument between the two (Android and iOS), isn’t it? My iPhone is boring and I wish they would switch up the way it looks or something. That has nothing to do with entertainment. We don’t wear the same shirt everyday, do we? It would be nice to have a little different interface or something.
That being said, I guess that’s why it works so well. Slow, incremental changes. Android is a mess with all the variables. Nothing stable about it.
For now, I’m sticking with my iPhone. Bored as **ll but better than the alternative (yes, I used Android for quite a few years).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
But they have amazing emoji upgrades. LOL. The absolute dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

I’m with you here.......Clearly we are not among the segment Apple is targeting in regard to the emojis. Seeing new emojis does not make me want to go out and do a few cartwheels and then shout for joy. Know what I mean?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members