Anyone else getting bored with iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcandiolo

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
How can anyone get bored with an OS that works wonderfully. I'm more amazed with every update, new features and it's stability and performance compared to any others.

TheUnknownUser

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I'd settle for an app drawer and/or positioning applications wherever on the screen without needing an app before or after etc. If I can at least customize that way I'd be very happy.

iPh6ne6

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Nope.

It's simple and it works.

And what it's there for, it does it very well.

That's all I need.

I've been with blackberry, IOS, Blackberry, Android and back to iOS. I'll never sway away from it again.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope. It does what I need and syncs wonderfully with my MacBooks. I honestly don't spend a ton of time playing with the settings or anything anymore. I'm good. When & if it stops doing what I need, then and only then will I seek other options.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Not bored really, but wish there were at least some options for customizations. The older I get, the harder it is to find what I'm looking for when the screen is a sea of app icons. I frequently find myself staring at the screen and swiping back and forth trying to find what I'm looking for, only to forget what I'm looking for most of the time. This is one of the few things I miss from android, which is the ability to arrange the home screens according to what I use most, and leaving the rest in the app drawer.

JaggValor

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Not bored really, but wish there were at least some options for customizations. The older I get, the harder it is to find what I'm looking for when the screen is a sea of app icons. I frequently find myself staring at the screen and swiping back and forth trying to find what I'm looking for, only to forget what I'm looking for most of the time. This is one of the few things I miss from android, which is the ability to arrange the home screens according to what I use most, and leaving the rest in the app drawer.

Have you tried using the search function when you pull down from the home screen? Or swipe right to see frequently used apps on Siri App Suggestion widget?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
The way I look at it is this way. iOS may be somewhat boring in the sense that it doesn't have all of the whizzbang features that Android has but at least it works and it works consistently. Well OK, 95% of the time. I'd rather have overall system stability than have tons of whizzbang features because who cares about features if the system is unstable or the features are just plain half-baked.

Apple has always been a company that released features when they're ready to be released. They don't play the same "let's throw features at the wall and hope they stick" game that the Android OEMs play. If you ask me, that makes for a very cutthroat market which is exactly what the Android market is.

Samsung comes out with something new to bash LG over the head with only to have LG do the same thing to Samsung half a year later. That's not innovation, that's just stupidity.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well I suppose the Android vs. iOS debate could go on forever with no clear cut winner. Having used both over the years I actually like both quite well. I'm with iOS now and will continue to be simply because of my Apple watch. now if Apple should ever integrate the watch with Android (I know, never gonna happen) I'll be happily switching back and forth between the two again...sometimes on a daily basis.

sirlas

Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I recently move to iOS . I had all the galaxy S and Note devises from S3 till note 7 and believe me I am not going back to android never. The stability and the speed that iOS offers, you can't find it anywhere. Sorry about my English.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Just swipe down anywhere in screen to search the app within second. Much faster way than searching an app in android.

Truman82

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Well it took few years for me to understand that I don't really use phones OS for entertainment purposes at all. When I need entertainment I'll use apps for it. For the OS I only require that it works reliable and has certain small things that helps user daily basis. (For me example voice assistant that supports other languages than only English. )

Jghuff

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I agree, just switched in this past December. The only things I miss are some of the features from the texting app I used called Textra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner