Sudden Reboot Issues

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Easiest way to explain is about 4-5 times a day, when I go to unlock using my finger sometimes I get the spinning circle in the middle of the screen then the number pad to enter my passcode as if it were restarted. I look at my battery and indeed it shows - for time used as if it were rebooted. I wiped and reinstalled everything, no help. I returned/got a new iPhone 7 this week as a replacement and it's still doing it on the new one. Noticed I believe when I went to 10.2.1 as I recall.

Thoughts?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I suspect that it's an app that you have installed. This was happening to my phone a few months ago, right after iOS 10 was installed, after I installed the weather app Dark Sky. As soon as I uninstalled the app, the restarts stopped (it was, at the time, the last app I had installed, and no there apps had been updated since the reboots started happening, so it was easy to start with that app). My phone didn't restart as regularly as yours did, but it was happening often. I'd been using the iOS 10 beta for a month before I installed Dark Sky, so I was fairly certain it wasn't just an issue with the update.

I'm not suggesting that it is Dark Sky, but I'm guessing that you have a misbehaving app?

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that could be but what if it is an update? Then I have a ton of potential culprits which really complicates things. Let's see, 10.2.1 was installed Jan 23 so let me look.....yeah, can't see but a week back. Dang!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73