Developer 10.3 Beta 7 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

Well the battery drain on the 6s is much more that they previous beta 1 build. They will have to fix this. On standby it can last the whole day but when you start to use the phone it drops by almost 10% in the first min and then about 1% per 2 min this is not normal. Just my observation

Surprisingly, I noticed this too on my 6s+. I've never really noticed any real battery issues with any previous beta till this one.

Beta 1 was actually fine for me but this beta has been rough battery wise. There have been several days that had me saying "Whoa!" when glancing at the battery level.

An example is now. At this point in the day, I'm usually around 60% or so. But as I type this, I'm at 43% and dropping and I really haven't used my phone any more than normal today.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Fantastic! My cellular network is basically unusable today. Very few things work on cellular. I'm hoping T-Mobile can help me with this. I may have to roll back to 10.2.

My daughter had the same issue & she's not using a beta. Something was going on with t-mo today.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yep, definitely ready for beta 3, more weird things are happening. Now Tapatalk isn't working on cellular. Works on wifi though.

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Surprisingly, I noticed this too on my 6s+. I've never really noticed any real battery issues with any previous beta till this one.

Beta 1 was actually fine for me but this beta has been rough battery wise. There have been several days that had me saying "Whoa!" when glancing at the battery level.

An example is now. At this point in the day, I'm usually around 60% or so. But as I type this, I'm at 43% and dropping and I really haven't used my phone any more than normal today.

I'm in the same boat as you. Usually I can leave work around 75/80% but now I'm usually on my way out of work at ~60%.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

...Now Tapatalk isn't working on cellular. Works on wifi though.

Wow!...Something's definitely screwed up then. Thankfully, all is well on my end. I'm even replying to your post via Tapatalk using my cellular connection.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Wow!...Something's definitely screwed up then. Thankfully, all is well on my end. I'm even replying to your post via Tapatalk using my cellular connection.

Yeah and everything is fine again now...I don't get it. I usually don't have any bugs like this on iOS betas.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Yeah and everything is fine again now...I don't get it. I usually don't have any bugs like this on iOS betas.

I have yet to encounter a bug on the betas. I have been running them since iOS 10 betas came first available and apart from not able to edit my avatar in the bitmoji app in the previous beta, I have had no issues so far.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I have yet to encounter a bug on the betas. I have been running them since iOS 10 betas came first available and apart from not able to edit my avatar in the bitmoji app in the previous beta, I have had no issues so far.

I've been running the betas since iOS 7 or 8, and this is the first time a beta has actually effected my usage.

anon(9155131)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site

Battery drain on this release is the first problem I encounter with a beta since I'm on the first beta of iOS 10.
Usually I find the updates flawless.
I'm back on 10.2.1 until beta 3.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I totally agree!!! Been running a dev beta since iOS 7 with no issues until now. I'm so ready for an update!

Me too. I think Apple is holding off on the "Dark Theme" for iOS 11 to make it an epic update, but I wish they would release it NOW.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Me too. I think Apple is holding off on the "Dark Theme" for iOS 11 to make it an epic update, but I wish they would release it NOW.

Some people had some theories about the WWDC 2017 photo today and a few of them say that Dark Mode is indeed in the hidden clues In that photoZ

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Dark mode would be better for an OLED display (for power reasons - a black pixel uses no power on OLED, but uses the same backlight power than any other color on an LED display), and, since rumors say an OLED display may be coming this fall, that makes a lot of sense that it comes with this fall's iOS.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Dark mode would be better for an OLED display (for power reasons - a black pixel uses no power on OLED, but uses the same backlight power than any other color on an LED display), and, since rumors say an OLED display may be coming this fall, that makes a lot of sense that it comes with this fall's iOS.

they should just skip the dark mode completely, just to punk @Spencerdl ;)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

If it uses the same power as any other color then why not just release it. I'm still using the phone with different colors so it shouldn't matter if I use black or white or color...power (battery usage) will still be the same. I'm not concerned about the OLED display and we know that it uses more power (battery usage), so it does make sense for the "Dark Theme" on that screen, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro