Developer 10.3 Beta 7 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
re: Developer 10.3 Beta 2 Available

Email is acting very weird I delete an email and it will still show I have 1 unread

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

For those with AirPods, Automatic Ear Detection is disabled when you just updated to this beta.
I learned that myself the hard way.
Make sure to enable it if you were using it previously.

Not sure whether this option was there though before the update.

3dc7dbeb43c61d69c2f0603c296c2077.jpg

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

Im experiencing a black screen while launching the settings menu on iphone6 ...is anyone else experiencing that dip in to black before launch?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Developer 10.3 Beta 1 Available

I've had my screen go unresponsive a couple of times on Pro 9.7. Locking it and unlocking would fix it. So far it has been fine on the 7 but really still to early to say in that as I loaded it late last night.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

It looks like theater mode is just an Apple Watch feature and doesn't have anything to do with any type of "Dark Mode." Its in the change log for the latest beta and simply turns off "Raise to Wake" so not to distract others if in a place like a movie theater. Another case of misinformation run amok on the internet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm...Has anyone noticed the changes in Settings Menu? I don't recall seeing my picture at the very top before...with various menus pertaining to itunes etc

Yes. That is New and was mentioned in a video posted by another member yesterday, I believe. Anyway, I like the new Settings layout.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site

I have an extra 2 gigs of space after I updated on a 128GB 7 Plus.
You know what that tells me? The cluster sizes have gotten smaller so that space isn't as wasted as it once was.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain. All file systems organize (for the lack of a better word) the space on a storage device into what are known as clusters. Only one file can exist in a cluster. For instance, if your cluster size is 4 KB and you have a 6 KB file that file will effectively take up two 4 KB clusters even though the file is 6 KB which results in a loss of 2 KB of storage space. Now this may not seem like such a big deal until you start thinking about how many files that could exist on the system that add up to less than a multiple of whatever the cluster size is. Oops. Wasted space!

Considering that HFS+, the file system that Apple uses, is nearly 30 years old. Yes, HFS+ is 30 years old! This is a file system that was originally designed for floppy disks not storage devices with GBs and GBs of space. I don't even want to think about how large the cluster sizes were. Good God almighty, the cluster sizes must have been HUGE!

Making the cluster size smaller reduces the amount of wasted space.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

You know what that tells me? The cluster sizes have gotten smaller so that space isn't as wasted as it once was.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain. All file systems organize (for the lack of a better word) the space on a storage device into what are known as clusters. Only one file can exist in a cluster. For instance, if your cluster size is 4 KB and you have a 6 KB file that file will effectively take up two 4 KB clusters even though the file is 6 KB which results in a loss of 2 KB of storage space. Now this may not seem like such a big deal until you start thinking about how many files that could exist on the system that add up to less than a multiple of whatever the cluster size is. Oops. Wasted space!

Considering that HFS+, the file system that Apple uses, is nearly 30 years old. Yes, HFS+ is 30 years old! This is a file system that was originally designed for floppy disks not storage devices with GBs and GBs of space. I don't even want to think about how large the cluster sizes were. Good God almighty, the cluster sizes must have been HUGE!

Making the cluster size smaller reduces the amount of wasted space.

Thank you, very informative post.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I just read somewhere that "find my AirPods" will work in iOS 10.3... has anyone tried that?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Anyone else not getting achievements in the activity app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox