mark-d

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I recently set up my iPhone as new. I didn't sync any music to the phone so there is none stored on it. iTunes is set not to automatically download music.

I had a courtesy car over the weekend. When I plugged my iPhone into the USB socket to charge it started playing old songs I'd downloaded through iTunes through the car stereo!

Where is it getting these songs from? There is no music on my phone and it's set not to download music so how is it playing these?

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I recently set up my iPhone as new. I didn't sync any music to the phone so there is none stored on it. iTunes is set not to automatically download music.

I had a courtesy car over the weekend. When I plugged my iPhone into the USB socket to charge it started playing old songs I'd downloaded through iTunes through the car stereo!

Where is it getting these songs from? There is no music on my phone and it's set not to download music so how is it playing these?

It is streaming your music from the cloud through your data plan.

sydneycooper1979

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
When you open your music app you can click edit and then uncheck everything except downloaded music. That might work.
Or you can go to the main settings, cellular, and turn of data access to music.
As far as plugging it into your car and automatically playing something, that's a feature of iOS 10 and learns your habits. Mine usually turns podcasts or audible on automatically but still does music every now and then.