Is there anyway to reset my password on notes? It only let's me reset for new notes but not existing notes.
    01-18-2017 10:22 PM
    Anyone?
    01-19-2017 12:03 PM
    Anyone?
    Yes. Hold on. Be right back.
    To reset Notes, try this. You may not recover old Notes though.

Go to Settings > Notes > Password.
    Tap Reset Notes Password.
    Enter your Apple ID password.
    Tap Reset Notes Password again.
    Enter your new password and password hint.
    muchospanish likes this.
    01-19-2017 01:58 PM
    Yes. Hold on. Be right back.
    To reset Notes, try this. You may not recover old Notes though.

Go to Settings > Notes > Password.
    Tap Reset Notes Password.
    Enter your Apple ID password.
    Tap Reset Notes Password again.
    Enter your new password and password hint.
    I tried that already it doesn't help me get into my old notes though.
    01-19-2017 11:18 PM
    I tried that already it doesn't help me get into my old notes though.
    You can't without the password. Apple doesn't offer a way. You'll have to remember the password. In the future, write it down and put somewhere safe. Put it in Keychain and a password keeper app.
    01-19-2017 11:51 PM
    You can't without the password. Apple doesn't offer a way. You'll have to remember the password. In the future, write it down and put somewhere safe. Put it in Keychain and a password keeper app.
    Wow that really sucks. I had some very important notes I can't get into. I got a new phone so I always used touch id to get into them and now I don't remember the password. If I call Apple is there anything they can do?
    01-20-2017 12:08 AM
    Wow that really sucks. I had some very important notes I can't get into. I got a new phone so I always used touch id to get into them and now I don't remember the password. If I call Apple is there anything they can do?
    Ok, this may sound like a long shot, however I had something similar happen to me a few years back. This may cause you to loose your current Apple ID which, if you currently have developer status you've paid your $99 for this year, will suck unless Apple can somehow "for-go" the fee if you will.
    --Make a backup of your phone in iTunes. When this is done, Un-sync your phone from iTunes.
    --Go to Settings=>Notes=>Default Account, select iCloud. Go ahead and move any notes to your iCloud folder you want to keep.
    Go to Settings=>Notes=>Accounts=>Fetch New Data=> enable "Push". Change settings for all to "Fetch" except "iCloud". Should look like this:

***Also, enable "Save Media to Photos" just in case you have media stored in notes.***
    --Here's the tricky part... you need to re-enable Touch ID for use with notes. So, go to Settings=>Touch ID & Passcode. Enable Touch ID for iPhone unlock as well as iTunes and App Store. Once this is done, go to Settings=>Notes=>Password=>Enable "Use Touch ID"
    --Delete your notes app and re-download.

Once done, set your settings for the notes app just like stated above and try to access the note you wish to view. Should give you the option now to view it with your Touch ID as well as password used to lock not passcode to unlock iPhone.

Ok, I know it sounds strange but follow those steps exactly and you should be able to access the notes once again.

Give it a try and I really hope this helps!! It worked for me!
    01-20-2017 02:31 AM
    Ok, this may sound like a long shot, however I had something similar happen to me a few years back. This may cause you to loose your current Apple ID which, if you currently have developer status you've paid your $99 for this year, will suck unless Apple can somehow "for-go" the fee if you will.
    --Make a backup of your phone in iTunes. When this is done, Un-sync your phone from iTunes.
    --Go to Settings=>Notes=>Default Account, select iCloud. Go ahead and move any notes to your iCloud folder you want to keep.
    Go to Settings=>Notes=>Accounts=>Fetch New Data=> enable "Push". Change settings for all to "Fetch" except "iCloud". Should look like this:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...905b4254ed.jpg

***Also, enable "Save Media to Photos" just in case you have media stored in notes.***
    --Here's the tricky part... you need to re-enable Touch ID for use with notes. So, go to Settings=>Touch ID & Passcode. Enable Touch ID for iPhone unlock as well as iTunes and App Store. Once this is done, go to Settings=>Notes=>Password=>Enable "Use Touch ID"
    --Delete your notes app and re-download.

Once done, set your settings for the notes app just like stated above and try to access the note you wish to view. Should give you the option now to view it with your Touch ID as well as password used to lock not passcode to unlock iPhone.

Ok, I know it sounds strange but follow those steps exactly and you should be able to access the notes once again.

Give it a try and I really hope this helps!! It worked for me!
    Ok thank you very much. I might try this when I get out of work. I don't wanna lose my Apple ID though lol how will I lose my Apple ID doing this?
    01-20-2017 11:52 AM
    ???
    01-22-2017 11:56 PM