My mom just got her first iPad so I added her to my family sharing plan so she could have Apple Music.

However I use Siri to set reminders all the time and every time I set a reminder in automatically goes into the shared reminders folder.

Is there a way to turn this off?
    01-07-2017 12:23 AM
    01-07-2017 03:11 AM
    In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?
    01-07-2017 06:50 AM
    In settings / reminders, is "family" set as the default location for new reminders? I don't use Siri for reminders, but, if it is, what happens if you switch it to your private reminders list?
    Thank you for your help but upon googling I think that reminders doesn't have a default location so therefore the default location is the family sharing tab/forums. So I guess I can't use Siri for reminders without it automatically going into that folder/location.
    01-07-2017 07:10 AM
    My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.
    01-07-2017 07:17 AM
    My phone has a "default list" in settings / reminders. It was set to family when I just checked it. Try changing that and see if Siri places reminders in your private list.
    Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.
    01-07-2017 10:32 PM
    Thank you so much! I didn't realize that you could set up a different default list under settings. You are a life saver.
    It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.
    01-08-2017 07:07 AM
    It brings up an interesting point. If you create a family plan in iTunes, it creates a shared family reminders list and makes that the default without asking you. That should be a choice. Like you, I don't want to share my reminders with the rest of my family.
    Exactly and it's weird that Apple doesn't have shared notes.
    01-12-2017 11:55 PM