Some of my contact pictures are disappearing from iMessage. They all show up in Contacts but some do not show in iMessage. I have tried changing the contact's picture but it shows up briefly and then disappears. I tried updating the contact with another phone number and again the picture showed up but only briefly in iMessage. I also tried resetting my network settings and logging out and back in to iCloud. Any thoughts on what is going on?
    01-04-2017 09:27 PM
    Some of my contact pictures are disappearing from iMessage. They all show up in Contacts but some do not show in iMessage. I have tried changing the contact's picture but it shows up briefly and then disappears. I tried updating the contact with another phone number and again the picture showed up but only briefly in iMessage. I also tried resetting my network settings and logging out and back in to iCloud. Any thoughts on what is going on?
    Device-iOS version?... I can't think of anything off the top of my head..
    01-04-2017 09:29 PM
    iPhone 7, iOS 10.2
    01-04-2017 09:57 PM
    iPhone 7, iOS 10.2
    Hmm...well I've not seen that on my ip6s+... I'm on 10.2 as well.. I've only seen 1 issue so far since 10.1 and that isn't it.. is it the contact photo itself in the Contacts app disappears or is it just in the Messages app in the message list or inside a message?
    01-05-2017 07:24 AM
    iPhone 7, iOS 10.2
    That sounds like a bug, but the only way to know for certain is to make an encrypted backup with iTunes on your pc/laptop, factory reset and run the phone without any new apps while you test to see if the contact avatars disappear again. If they do then submit a bug report to Apple here: https://bugreport.apple.com You can then restore from your backup (encrypted backup saves your passwords and health data).
    01-05-2017 09:19 AM
    Are you contacts under an different account other than iCloud?

This happened to all my contacts on my Outlook account for the longest time.

I exported all my contacts to iCloud and set that as default for contacts, all contact pictures are staying put on iMessage and contacts app.
    01-05-2017 10:08 AM
    Are you contacts under an different account other than iCloud?

This happened to all my contacts on my Outlook account for the longest time.

I exported all my contacts to iCloud and set that as default for contacts, all contact pictures are staying put on iMessage and contacts app.
    I've also seen weird things happen when social networks are synced with contacts. Not as much recently, but still could be a possibility.
    01-06-2017 05:39 PM
    I've also seen weird things happen when social networks are synced with contacts. Not as much recently, but still could be a possibility.
    Yeah..that's why I keep all social apps out of my contacts..
    01-06-2017 05:40 PM
    Yeah..that's why I keep all social apps out of my contacts..
    Never had social contacts synced either. Previously managed my contacts through my Outlook Exchange then moved them all to iCloud. Solved my issue.
    01-06-2017 07:33 PM