So my mom had an iPhone 6 and she is logged in with her email for iCloud which is someemail@msn.com

seems like my sister once logged into her iTunes store with her email to download some game, my sister's email is someemail@gmail.com

My mom's verification/backup email is someemail@gmx.com

Now the problem is, everytime she goes to the App Store to update her apps, it asks her for her iTunes account password for the somegmail@gmail.com which is my sister's email then if she cancels that prompt, she gets another prompt to login with her someemal@gmx.com

Very messy

I logged into her iCloud account management with her main email: someemail@msn.com and verified that my sister's email which is someemal@gmail.com is not there as a backup or seconary email

Also, her backup or verification email is indeed someemail@gmx.com but that's not the main login email

finally, today I got her an iPhone 7+ and she logged in with her main email someemail@msn.com and restoreed the latest backup from iCloud but the problem is still there, it keeps on nagging and asking her for my small sister's email password

What gives? how do I get rid of this mess

I tried signing out of the iTunes store and re-signing in with her main email someemail@msn.com and yet, she's still getting the same nuisance about having to login with her backup email and my sister's email

I am thinking, if we just make her a new Apple ID with a totally new email, what is the best way that we can sign out and login with that new email without losing the photos that are currently on her phone?
    01-03-2017 01:03 PM
    I don't have a solution to your problem, but I really think you shouldn't be sharing their email addresses on the forum...
    01-03-2017 01:08 PM
    I had this issue once and logging out then back into the iTunes store fixed the problem
    01-03-2017 02:18 PM
    I don't have a solution to your problem, but I really think you shouldn't be sharing their email addresses on the forum...
    what email? you really think someemail@gmail.com is a real email? it was just an example to show the diff. emails from diff. domains
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-03-2017 04:13 PM
    You might contact Apple Support and let them help sort it out.

And keep sister out of the phone.
    01-03-2017 04:29 PM
    what email? you really think someemail@gmail.com is a real email? it was just an example to show the diff. emails from diff. domains
    I did. Sorry for misunderstanding.
    01-03-2017 05:08 PM
    It sounds like there was an app that was added or purchased with your sister's Apple ID. When you restore the phone from an old backup, you are telling the phone to reinstall the app with those credentials. I'd think resetting the phone and setting it up from scratch without restoring would fix the problem, unless there is a way to determine exactly which app caused the issue.

As for backing up photos, this article talks about how to move photos from your PC to your phone, and you can just use that to use iTunes or iCloud Photo Library (if the photos are under 5 GB or you are willing to pay for more storage): How to transfer photos from your Mac or PC to your iPhone and iPad | iMore

Here is an article that talks you through using iTunes to find which app is using another Apple ID: Find out which iOS app is requesting your Apple ID password | Macworld
    wenrob likes this.
    01-03-2017 05:59 PM
    I would suggest setting it up as a new device instead of restoring from a backup.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    01-04-2017 10:15 AM
    finally, today I got her an iPhone 7+ and she logged in with her main email someemail@msn.com and restoreed the latest backup from iCloud but the problem is still there, it keeps on nagging and asking her for my small sister's email password
    Whatever that app(s) is that your sister downloaded using her own Apple ID need to be deleted from the phone completely. For example let's say she downloaded the ESPN app and her Apple ID and it's trying to restore itself during the restoration process, it'll keep prompting for your sister's info in order to download it. Instead of leaving it to download just delete the grayed out ESPN app completely and you won't get that prompt anymore.
    01-04-2017 02:29 PM
    Whatever that app(s) is that your sister downloaded using her own Apple ID need to be deleted from the phone completely. For example let's say she downloaded the ESPN app and her Apple ID and it's trying to restore itself during the restoration process, it'll keep prompting for your sister's info in order to download it. Instead of leaving it to download just delete the grayed out ESPN app completely and you won't get that prompt anymore.
    I just gave up, created a new Apple ID for her and logged in with it, problem solved

thanks all for your help
    01-04-2017 03:21 PM
    I just gave up, created a new Apple ID for her and logged in with it, problem solved

thanks all for your help
    That will only make the mess worse...
    01-04-2017 03:26 PM

thanks all for your help
    Each device only gets 3 iCloud accounts. Be careful.
    Frehley likes this.
    01-04-2017 03:36 PM
    If you were to try again the apps that Its trying to install from your sisters account will be on the home screen but greyed out like a previous post said. If you just delete those apps it will stop. I had the same problem a few weeks ago and deleting those apps solved it.
    01-04-2017 10:22 PM
    Each device only gets 3 iCloud accounts. Be careful.
    really? so if someone sells his phone to another person, that's a 2nd email used, then if that person gives it to his child or something, it's a 3rd and now no new person can login with their iCloud account? I never knew that. I thought when you reset the phone and like a brand new phone
    01-05-2017 03:04 AM
    If you were to try again the apps that Its trying to install from your sisters account will be on the home screen but greyed out like a previous post said. If you just delete those apps it will stop. I had the same problem a few weeks ago and deleting those apps solved it.
    ohh I never thought of that, thanks for the tip. Although it would've been hard to identify which app was that from my sister's account as she had too many apps installed
    01-05-2017 03:05 AM
    really? so if someone sells his phone to another person, that's a 2nd email used, then if that person gives it to his child or something, it's a 3rd and now no new person can login with their iCloud account? I never knew that. I thought when you reset the phone and like a brand new phone
    Nope. 3 is the limit per device. That's so folks don't create multiple accounts to get lots of free 5 gb of storage in iCloud.
    Snappy Phoenix and Frehley like this.
    01-05-2017 08:55 AM

As long as you logged in to the original Apple ID account and removed the phone from that account, you should have no issues with associating the phone with a new Apple ID.
    01-05-2017 09:06 AM
    Nope. 3 is the limit per device. That's so folks don't create multiple accounts to get lots of free 5 gb of storage in iCloud.
    Do you mean three simultaneous iCloud sign-ins? Surely our iPhones aren't limited to 3 iCloud accounts through their life span. For example, if I sell my device and wipe it and disassociate it with my iTunes/iCloud accounts prior to selling, the next owner should be able to do the same thing if they sell it and so on. I didn't believe these phones had a three owner limit.
    01-05-2017 10:09 AM
    ohh I never thought of that, thanks for the tip. Although it would've been hard to identify which app was that from my sister's account as she had too many apps installed
    Well if the restore is done you can pretty much figure out that the grayed out apps are the culprits.
    Brian W1 and Frehley like this.
    01-05-2017 11:15 AM
    Do you mean three simultaneous iCloud sign-ins? Surely our iPhones aren't limited to 3 iCloud accounts through their life span. For example, if I sell my device and wipe it and disassociate it with my iTunes/iCloud accounts prior to selling, the next owner should be able to do the same thing if they sell it and so on. I didn't believe these phones had a three owner limit.
    If you create 3 iCloud accounts on one device, that's it. No more on that device. A work around may be to create a new account on another device, then sign in to that.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 01-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.
    Frehley likes this.
    01-05-2017 11:31 AM
    oh that's what I meant, I don't want to add more than 1 person at a time. I was worried that he meant that you have a limit of logging out / logging in with up to 3 accounts which means these phones are useless on the long run if you want to sell them especially if you've logged in with multiple IDs before
    01-05-2017 01:25 PM
    oh that's what I meant, I don't want to add more than 1 person at a time. I was worried that he meant that you have a limit of logging out / logging in with up to 3 accounts which means these phones are useless on the long run if you want to sell them especially if you've logged in with multiple IDs before
    Seems like we are talking about iCloud account creation. You can only create up to three accounts on a single device. The workaround he mentioned gets around that by creating the account on a computer. I was confused in thinking that you can only sign into three iCloud accounts on a device.
    01-05-2017 01:51 PM
    You can only create 3 new free iCloud accounts per device. You have 2 now on that phone. It only has one more. The downside to creating an account on another device, then signing in is you don't get the 5 free gb of iCloud storage. It would be shared by the device the account was created on.
    01-05-2017 09:04 PM