Photo cloud storage + enhanced zoom at full res on demand. Does this exist on iOS?

Xephrey

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm currently on an iPhone 7 Plus. iOS photo apps seem to have a very shallow zoom. I'm looking for recommendations for apps that let me zoom much more. Also: when images are downloaded on my phone from my iCloud library with optimize phone storage enabled, I end up with something far from full quality. I want full quality without needing to download all 55000 pictures to my phone. I understand that my 2 megapixel screen can't display a 24 megapixel image, but I want it all there anyway so I can zoom. Are there any services out there that offer this as well as at least a terabyte of cloud storage? I'd love to hear some recommendations. Adobe Creative Cloud is too tiny and the zoom is still too shallow, Smugmug doesn't seem to recognize RAW files, Google Photos comes closest.. just wish it'd let me zoom more.

Here's a visual representation of what I mean:

https://youtu.be/cpu3ZNwDu-I

Xephrey

Jan 2, 2017
Visit site
I solved the zoom issue! At least for the Photos app and all other apps that base their zoom levels on that system-level parameter. (lots of image viewer apps have their own zoom allowances that are independent of what iOS is set to)

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> Zoom

Flip on 'Zoom', scroll down, set Zoom Region to Full Screen, scroll down even further, and turn Maximum Zoom Level aaaaall the way up to glorious 15x.

This is current as of iOS 10.2

Still looking for RAW-on-demand cloud solutions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods