Hello, I've installed AliExpress yesterday, and when I checked the battery usage, this app showed background activity. I disabled notifications for the app and when i wanted to disable background app refresh, I couldn't find the app in the list. This is my first iPhone (6S Plus-got it 3 days ago) and would like some help. Another thing-is it normal for Whatsapp to have so much background activity? Thanks.Can't disable background app refresh for a certain app-asset-1-.pngCan't disable background app refresh for a certain app-asset.png
    12-15-2016 07:31 PM
    When apps run in the background they're just downloading and/or looking for updated info to show you when you open the app again. They're doing what they should be doing. However, if you find that an app is eating an abnormal amount of system resources or battery, submit a bug report to that apps developer. They cannot fix it unless you report it.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    12-16-2016 05:43 PM
    Hello, I've installed AliExpress yesterday, and when I checked the battery usage, this app showed background activity. I disabled notifications for the app and when i wanted to disable background app refresh, I couldn't find the app in the list. This is my first iPhone (6S Plus-got it 3 days ago) and would like some help. Another thing-is it normal for Whatsapp to have so much background activity? Thanks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset (1).PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	325.1 KB 
ID:	114872Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asset.PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	304.7 KB 
ID:	114871
    Most apps do have background activity at some point. That's a good thing. It helps them run as you want them to. Maybe it doesn't use BACKGROUND APP REFRESH. Apps run in the background whether with Background App Refresh or not. BAR just helps apps run in the background more efficiently.
    mariusfilip and scruffypig like this.
    12-17-2016 03:08 PM