Few years back I had downloaded music from iTunes on laptop to iPad mini .
    There are few questions ...
    First is there anyway I can transfer that music to my iPhone ?
    Second when I connect my iPhone to the laptop to transfer music from iTunes there to iPhone it keeps asking if I need to set up the iPhone as new or back up .It does not give me any iPhone icon on left to transfer music .
    Thanks for any help .
    11-05-2016 05:30 PM
    Few years back I had downloaded music from iTunes on laptop to iPad mini .
    There are few questions ...
    First is there anyway I can transfer that music to my iPhone ?
    Second when I connect my iPhone to the laptop to transfer music from iTunes there to iPhone it keeps asking if I need to set up the iPhone as new or back up .It does not give me any iPhone icon on left to transfer music .
    Thanks for any help .
    On your iPhone, go to Settings/iTunes & App Store and enter in the same Apple ID that was used to purchase your music for your iPad. Then launch the Music app on your iPhone. Under Songs, you should see all your purchased music begin to populate. You can download or stream your music.
    11-05-2016 05:33 PM
    This music was not bought from iTunes library but other and downloaded on iTunes on laptop .Somehow I have it on my iPod nano and iPad mini .Now I want on my iPhone .Nothing seem to happen even though it's signed with same Id .Should the iCloud be on or something .
    11-05-2016 05:55 PM
    You have not synced your iPhone to your laptop iTunes app.
    Setting it up as a new phone is what you need to do.
    Assuming you are using the same iTunes account on both devices. You will be asked to name the iPhone, iTunes will make a backup of all the data on the phone, you will have the same sync options that you have with your other devices. Contacts, music, photos, etc.
    If you do not have music or photo sync options it is because you have switched on iCloud syncing features.
    11-07-2016 09:38 AM
    If you subscribed to Apple music, go to music settings on iPhone and turn on Icloud music library, then do the same in itunes on a computer and all your music from your laptop should appear on Iphone as well (even music that you didn't purchased from iTunes store.
    11-08-2016 07:04 AM