Ibooks keeps deleting my PDF files!!

ngminh95

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Since the iOS 10 update, my iPad Air keeps deleting my PDF files without my permission to free up space and store them on cloud, although I still have 600mb-1gb left and I use those files frequently. Any idea how to turn off this anoying "function"? Thank you very much!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused. The thread title states that iBooks keep deleting your .pdf files, But the body of your post state that the iPad Air itself keeps deleting those files. Which is it?

ngminh95

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Oh sorry for the confusing paragraph! I mean, since the iOS 10 update, iBooks app keeps deleting my PDF file. I just want to specify the device, just in case anyone asks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Oh sorry for the confusing paragraph! I mean, since the iOS 10 update, iBooks app keeps deleting my PDF file. I just want to specify the device, just in case anyone asks!

Is iCloud Drive enabled on your device? If not, enable it. Afterwards, check the iBooks app for your missing .pdf files.

ngminh95

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, it is enabled. I knew that those files are on the cloud, I'm just annoyed that the next morning, when I rush to the office, the PDF files I just read last night has gone without any notice. It took 5-10min just to find the files on the cloud and wait to download them

Rod Sprague

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
This is a really annoying glitch of iOS 10 iCloud Drive document sharing and until it is fixed I would suggest not using iBooks as a PDF reader. There are plenty of alternatives, I use DocumentsToGo which reads most document formats, is free, allows editing and can sync to a matching desktop app.

ngminh95

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you very much! I thought I am the only one who got the problem, since I couldn't find anyone who had the same questions as me!

Sidric The Viking

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Since the iOS 10 update, my iPad Air keeps deleting my PDF files without my permission to free up space and store them on cloud, although I still have 600mb-1gb left and I use those files frequently. Any idea how to turn off this anoying "function"? Thank you very much!

Hi. I've updated to 10.3.1 recently and - as happened on a previous update - all of my PDFs disappeared. However, all of the PDFs are still on my iPhone. I did my update over the air, as usual. I visited several sites suggesting solutions. Most involved connecting to iTunes. However, I tried something I hadn't thought of before and it worked. I deleted iBooks. Then I downloaded it again. When I opened it, it asked if I wanted to use iCloud. I chose that option. When I opened iBooks all of my PDFs were restored and in their Collections! One very happy Viking here 😎🇮🇪☘️

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I see this same issue. There's a toggle that hides iCloud books.

40797cc429debb9cd11940744963291d.jpg

Vinod Tiwari

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I've updated to 10.3.1 recently and - as happened on a previous update - all of my PDFs disappeared. However, all of the PDFs are still on my iPhone. I did my update over the air, as usual. I visited several sites suggesting solutions. Most involved connecting to iTunes. However, I tried something I hadn't thought of before and it worked. I deleted iBooks. Then I downloaded it again. When I opened it, it asked if I wanted to use iCloud. I chose that option. When I opened iBooks all of my PDFs were restored and in their Collections! One very happy Viking here 😎🇮🇪☘️

klimbo13

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
PDFs saved in iBooks keep disappearing. When I save PDFs in iBooks (and sync to icloud) a few days later a few of them are gone - without warning and on all devices! I have verified this several times now. iOS 11.1 and latest iBooks version. iCloud sync is ON I have verified that “hide iCloud books” is turned OFF I have already deleted iBooks and reinstalled. Books appear on other devices when saved there but a few days later magically disappear! Please help - this seems to be an enormous bug in iBooks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2