Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 7 available

itsMohsinK

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
re: Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 6 available

I am trying to link my Hulu and Netflix account to TV app but its giving error again and again, I think atm its half baked need a little tweaking then it will work properly!

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Not that I have experienced. It's a darn solid build.

Cool. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on my iPod. I'll leave the iPad on 10.1.1 for the time being. I have most of my music loaded on my iPod anyway, so I can test changes with the Music app.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Anyone using an Outlook.com email with the iOS Mail app and having problems sending emails.

I am receiving emails just fine, but when I send, it gives me the sent sound and everything "looks" ok but the sent email never gets received nor does it show up in my sent folder.

If I use the Outlook.com app, things work fine.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Anyone using an Outlook.com email with the iOS Mail app and having problems sending emails.

I am receiving emails just fine, but when I send, it gives me the sent sound and everything "looks" ok but the sent email never gets received nor does it show up in my sent folder.

If I use the Outlook.com app, things work fine.

Sending emails from iOS mail app with my Outlook account works fine for me. Although since I installed beta 2, I removed the account and added the account due to another issue.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Sending emails from iOS mail app with my Outlook account works fine for me. Although since I installed beta 2, I removed the account and added the account due to another issue.

Yea, this appears to be the idiots at Microsoft causing this issue with the "New" Outlook.com. My account was just converted over.

Seems there has been an issue since December 2015(yes 2015) with the "New and Improved" Outlook.com with sending emails if you use a Connected Account and make that connected account your primary email address(which then uses that email account's sending server). The reason I did this is because I want the "From" address to show as my Home email address, not my Outlook.com address.

There are threads all over the places with people with this sending issue, all the way back to 2015, yet MS continues to not fix the issue, yet continues to convert people's accounts over anyway(it worked fine before the conversion).

The reason I used Outlook.com was it provided PUSH via the iOS mail app, while GMail doesn't. Looks like I am going to have to go back to Airmail/Spark until MS gets this fixed(if ever).

Last edited:

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site

Yea, this appears to be the idiots at Microsoft causing this issue with the "New" Outlook.com. My account was just converted over.

Seems there has been an issue since December 2015(yes 2015) with the "New and Improved" Outlook.com with sending emails if you use a Connected Account and make that connected account your primary email address(which then uses that email account's sending server). The reason I did this is because I want the "From" address to show as my Home email address, not my Outlook.com address.

There are threads all over the places with people with this sending issue, all the way back to 2015, yet MS continues to not fix the issue, yet continues to convert people's accounts over anyway(it worked fine before the conversion).

The reason I used Outlook.com was it provided PUSH via the iOS mail app, while GMail doesn't. Looks like I am going to have to go back to Airmail/Spark until MS gets this fixed(if ever).
That's good to know since I used them also. I'll guess I'll wait for them to fix the issue, then.

Cheers

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Trigger pulled. Now it's time to do some testing. I normally use Ecoute for music, but I'm going to see what's going on with the Music app in Beta 2.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Not seeing Star Ratings on the Music app, just like/dislike. I'm not subscribed to Apple Music, so it looks like star rating is out. That's disappointing. I'll probably stick with Ecoute.

Battery life seems alright so far. Idle time's maybe improved some.

So far, it seems like a solid build.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 2 available

Not seeing Star Ratings on the Music app, just like/dislike. I'm not subscribed to Apple Music, so it looks like star rating is out. That's disappointing. I'll probably stick with Ecoute.

Battery life seems alright so far. Idle time's maybe improved some.

So far, it seems like a solid build.

In the dev beta the stars are located to the left of the song title when you're viewing items on an album. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

It's either a bug in the beta or it's a regional rollout in certain areas. I've been reading some other forums with people having the same issue. I installed the beta on my iPad Pro 9.7 and no TV app on it either.

TV App showed up this morning. Just woke up and it was there. So it must have been a slow rollout. It didn't remove videos either. It moved videos to the last page.

fd5bade748b9f73bd72644d78bb8d0e3.png

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Developer beta 3 now out... Public...not yet. Maybe later today or tomorrow...

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 3 available

Emergency SOS settings is gone from main settings page.

Video App is gone as well. Only left with TV App.

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site

Emergency SOS settings is gone from main settings page.

Video App is gone as well. Only left with TV App.

TV app just showed up on my iPhone this morning before updating to PB3, I had both TV and Video app. After PB3 update I still have the TV and Video app on my iPhone, but only the TV app on my iPad Pro.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Public Beta iOS 10.2 Beta 2 available

In the dev beta the stars are located to the left of the song title when you're viewing items on an album. I haven't seen them anywhere else.

Ah, Dev beta.. Yeah, I'm not going that far. I'll stay with the public betas. Hopefully the star ratings will be added eventually. But great to know, thanks.

EDIT: Maybe it's in the new PB3? Time to download and check!