• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
    I just paid the premium app. One time purchase.
    That's what I did
    11-06-2016 02:12 PM
    Another vote for Enpass. The basic version is free, syncs across all my iDevices via iCloud, keeps all your passwords locally not on a remote data base.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-07-2016 08:01 AM
    For those of you using 1password... are you paying subscribers? I am thinking of moving to Lastpass. My 1password is frozen on my 6s. Anyone know how to export data from a frozen 1password?
    Do you mean that you forgot your Master Password?
    11-07-2016 01:15 PM
    Do you mean that you forgot your Master Password?
    No. I fixed my issue. I had to download the application to perform the data export. I want to use both 1Password and LastPass for comparison.
    11-07-2016 01:19 PM
    I was a long time user of the DataVault app and had it installed on my iOS devices as well as my MacBook. Having said that, I've been using the 1Password app for a few years now and really like it a lot. It is also an app that is well supported. Whether it is "the best" depends on your likes and dislikes. For me, I'll keep using it until it no longer suits my needs.
    Is anyone concerned about someone "breaking" into their Password manager, and then having access to all your passwords?
    11-10-2016 01:29 PM
    Is anyone concerned about someone "breaking" into their Password manager, and then having access to all your passwords?
    I'm not.
    rdstryr likes this.
    11-10-2016 01:55 PM
    Not at all.
    11-10-2016 01:59 PM
    Password managers like Lastpass and 1Password use Password-Based Key Derivation Functions (PBKDF2) to increase the amount of work to verify a password, so making a guess attack against the data store is vastly slowed down. See Lastpass's explanation here: https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/accoun...ations-pbkdf2/ and 1Password's here: https://support.1password.com/defense-against-crackers/

(A simpler explanation is that the apps don't just check your password - they take the password and do a large amount of work with it, which you hardly notice being slow at all, but an attacker trying to guess from a dictionary of possible passwords will slow down the guesses so much that the attacks are slowed by a factor of billions.)
    rdstryr likes this.
    11-10-2016 02:28 PM
    Another LastPass user -- I've been using them for several years now. Tried 1password for a bit but came back.
    11-10-2016 06:10 PM
    I too came from BB and was looking for something along those lines , I have "keeper".
    11-10-2016 07:00 PM
    I use SplashID but have often wondered the following:
    Do you think a password app is more secure than keeping your passwords in a password protected Apple Note app?
    TIA
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 11-11-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    11-10-2016 07:35 PM
    1password
    11-11-2016 06:22 PM
    Do you think a password app is more secure than keeping your passwords in a password protected Apple Note app?
    TIA
    Anyone? Anyone?
    11-14-2016 07:15 PM
    TIA
    More secure? It could be, depending on the type of encryption. Still, if no one uses your device or you don't have it lying around where anyone can start messing with it then a password protected Apple note should be sufficient in my opinion.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    11-14-2016 07:48 PM
    TIA
    Anyone? Anyone?
    Don't forget the password app can help GENERATE the secure passwords as well as store them. It does all the work for you. And the easier it is, the more likely you are to use it.

Lastpass (and I'm sure 1password does as well) will alert you if you've used the same password, but if you use it to create them you won't get duplicates.

It will also tell you if a site you have saved was ever hacked, so you know to change the password stored. It can even do it in 1 click, for most sites.
    doogald and TurboTiger like this.
    11-14-2016 08:14 PM
    TIA
    It looks like the Notes app encryption is fine. Apple uses PBKDF2 and SHA256 to create a key, and AES 256 to encrypt the note's contents. This is all state of the art encryption. Apple doesn't publish specific details or algorithms, or allowed any third party review, but it sure looks like they do it right.

See https://www.apple.com/business/docs/...rity_Guide.pdf for details, page 25 of that document.

What the apps give you are automatic fills, a web view browser within the app, easy search within the app for a given site, the option for two-factor authentication that the Apple Notes app lacks, etc.

[edit] +1 for what robertk328 said about generating passphrases, notifying about sites being hacked.
    TurboTiger and robertk328 like this.
    11-14-2016 08:24 PM
    Tks to all who replied.
    Good Luck
    11-14-2016 08:32 PM
    Tks to all who replied.
    As I said I use Splash ID. But I only use it to store my passwords.
    Good Luck
    11-14-2016 08:36 PM
    Tks to all who replied.
    Good Luck
    On behalf of those who replied, you're very welcome...
    TurboTiger likes this.
    11-14-2016 08:53 PM
    I moved from android to iOS and continued with keeper, my subscription is for a year but only in one mobile device, I sent an email to them to disable the access in my old device and continued using it on my new iphone
    11-16-2016 12:42 AM
    1Password here I'm extremely happy with it
    rdstryr likes this.
    11-17-2016 04:37 AM
    I use SecureSafe. Use it across all my devices and can also be accessed online as well.
    frella likes this.
    11-21-2016 02:55 AM
    LastPass user since 2010, and I've never considered switching to an alternative. There are some other solid choices in this area, but my experience with LastPass has been exceptional. They have been great at communicating and their openness with the public at large as well as their users is something that gives me added comfort.

Even since they've recently offered a full-featured cross-device free option, I'm still a paying subscriber for the sole reason that I've gotten way more value than the paltry $1/month I've been paying since 2010.
    robertk328 likes this.
    11-22-2016 08:46 AM
    Hello, can you recommend me the best app for keeping passwords. Just came from BlackBerry Passport with BB10 and there was app called Password keeper. Is there something as near as good on IOS10. Thanks in advance.
    1password hands down , LastPass was good but they suffered some security compromises in recent times.
    gkendall43 likes this.
    11-22-2016 03:04 PM
    Through the timeline of this thread, I was using 1Password but swapped over to LastPass. I'm very pleased with the switch. LastPass is much more convenient for my needs working on 2 laptops along with 2 iPhones throughout the day.
    Last edited by wolfee48; 11-22-2016 at 10:48 PM.
    11-22-2016 10:01 PM
80 1234