iOS 10.3.2 is officially available

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: iOS 10.2

My battery had been good on my 7 plus until today. 6hrs standby & 1.5hrs on screen time & I had 13% left. The majority of my battery was used by the phone & that was only 10% I did a hard reset & I'll fully charge it tonight & hope it's back to normal tomorrow.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

On my 7+, regarding beta number two, the only issue I'm seeing is that incoming text messages don't alert me either by sound or visual notification, while the screen is off and phone locked. If my screen is on incoming sound alerts from Texas and notifications do appear. Hopefully the next beta will fix this, I may have to go back to the original software because it's pretty aggravating not being able to hear my text messages.

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Since I can't edit with this mobile version, I meant to say incoming texts, not Texas. Lol

Just a tip/help.
Im using Tapatalk and If you hold down on your post. A menu should appear like the photo I provided. Edit is there. Not sure in imore app. Also, should be able to switch to web view at times.

9387649b7fc04777dcc857098d336f3b.png

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

On my 7+, regarding beta number two, the only issue I'm seeing is that incoming text messages don't alert me either by sound or visual notification, while the screen is off and phone locked. If my screen is on incoming sound alerts from Texas and notifications do appear. Hopefully the next beta will fix this, I may have to go back to the original software because it's pretty aggravating not being able to hear my text messages.

Not sure what the real issue is because I'm running beta 2 on my 6S Plus & don't have an issue but my 7 Plus which is on the released 10.2 has text notification issues. It's really weird & pretty annoying.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Not sure what the real issue is because I'm running beta 2 on my 6S Plus & don't have an issue but my 7 Plus which is on the released 10.2 has text notification issues. It's really weird & pretty annoying.

Hey Nikki, I'm still running 10.1.1 on my 6s. So you're having text notification issues on your 7 plus. Is 10.2 stable otherwise?

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

Having the same issue with text notifications. I get them, but no visual or audible alerts come. The only way I know I have one is because my Apple Watch vibrates for it.

While screen off.

Now with screen on, I get the alert both audible and visual. If I turn Bluetooth off, it fixes. I think it's something to do with the Apple Watch.

scampinig

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site

Could someone tell me if the iPod Touch 5th generation you will receive update to IOS10? Is that it has not received more updates from the IOS 9.3.5

Jbrown99

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site

Having the same issue with text notifications. I get them, but no visual or audible alerts come. The only way I know I have one is because my Apple Watch vibrates for it.

While screen off.

Now with screen on, I get the alert both audible and visual. If I turn Bluetooth off, it fixes. I think it's something to do with the Apple Watch.

I believe that's how it's suppose to work. Apple Watch will receive the notification first b/c it's connected. If you have your Apple Watch settings to "mirror" phone. Your phone will never light up, unless, you're on your phone. Hence, when the screen is lit. You can turn "mirror phone" in the Apple Watch setting off/on for certain apps, to where it then will come up on the phone instead, if you prefer it that way. It's one or the other. Not both to receive notification at the same time. Would think would cause more battery drain.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

While screen off.

Regarding my last post. It's happening on my 7 plus.

It must be something with the 7 plus because I'm not on the beta on that device nor do I have an Apple Watch.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey Nikki, I'm still running 10.1.1 on my 6s. So you're having text notification issues on your 7 plus. Is 10.2 stable otherwise?

Hey Pr1nce!! Yeah that's the only issue on my 7 plus. I'm running dev beta 2 on my 6s plus with no issues. It's pretty stable from my standpoint

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Not an actual fix, but if I turn off Bluetooth, my text notification works. Weird.

Is there a chance that you have a BT connection that you don't know about that is actually getting the notification sounds? This happened to me on Monday morning - weirdly, no notification sounds - until I noticed that there was a BT connection (I could see it in the status bar) and found that I had a pair of earbuds (which I wasn't wearing) turned on somewhere in the house.

H3aTeRzz

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site

I have the apple watch connected, so that's probably it. But.....before the beta2, I would still get a pop up on my phone, and audio alert, in conjunction with my watch notification. Now, perhaps i'm mistaken, and it was not doing it before the beta, but I could have swore it worked on both ends, prior to beta 2.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

I have the apple watch connected, so that's probably it. But.....before the beta2, I would still get a pop up on my phone, and audio alert, in conjunction with my watch notification. Now, perhaps i'm mistaken, and it was not doing it before the beta, but I could have swore it worked on both ends, prior to beta 2.

That's exactly the way it is supposed to happen. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204791

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Not an actual fix, but if I turn off Bluetooth, my text notification works. Weird.

Is there a chance that you have a BT connection that you don't know about that is actually getting the notification sounds? This happened to me on Monday morning - weirdly, no notification sounds - until I noticed that there was a BT connection (I could see it in the status bar) and found that I had a pair of earbuds (which I wasn't wearing) turned on somewhere in the house.

I don't have an Apple Watch & no BT device is connected when this happens on my 7 Plus. My 6s Plus on the beta is perfect, connected to BT or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2