Strange Music App Issue, iPhone 6 + loses its place after pausing music

janineh22

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I apologize if this has already been answered, but I have googled and searched relentlessly for a similar issue or the same issue, and I cannot find anything. I also apologize in advance if I have posted in the wrong forum.

I have an iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB, running the latest version of iOS 10. It has been a really great phone thus far. I have had no issues with iOS 10, with the exception of my music app.

I have around 5,000 songs on my phone, as well as about a dozen playlists of varying lengths. When listening to music, no matter from what playlist or if I just Shuffle All, the problem occurs. The issue is this: I listen to music with headphones at work, and at times, I have to pause the music intermittently, for different durations. Sometimes, I pause the music for only 15 minutes, and when I resume, my iPhone completely forgets where I left off in my queue or on my playlist that I currently have going. Sometimes, it can be the rest of the work day, that I leave it paused which could be anywhere from 6 to 8 hours. Then, later, when I go to resume the music, it will play a different song, chosen at random, and just Shuffle All the songs, even though I had selected a particular playlist. And, then sometimes, it keeps my place without an issue for the time I have it paused and resumes normally. Then, there are times where it won't forget what song I am listening to, but it just starts all over with playing that song when I resume.

This problem also occurred in iOS 9, too. I can't recall if it occurred in iOS 8, but it seems to have gotten worse with iOS 10. My theory is that, iOS 10 may be a bit more demanding on RAM and it just can't seem retain my place in the Music app in the memory because it's trying to keep everything else in memory. Weird enough, my fianc? has an iPhone 6 64 GB running the same version of iOS and he NEVER ever has this issue. He also likes to close all his apps when he is done using them, even though I know that it hurts battery life. Me on the other hand, I don't really close apps. I have been trying to do that to see if it has any effect on my problem. So far, it really doesn't make a difference.

It's a very annoying problem, and I am wondering if anyone else has experienced the same whether it be with their iPhone 6 Plus or even a different model iPhone.

Thanks in advance for your replies!