iPad Mini 2, should I or should I not update to iOS10?

blogspotblog

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I got the fear of upgrading my iPad Mini 2 due to my bad experience with my previous update on old iPad 2 which rendered it into almost state of uselessness!

The iPad 2 constantly crashed very recently on iOS9, the latest update it is able to go into.

Anyone with iPad Mini update from iOS9 to iOS10? Is the machine slowing down?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I got the fear of upgrading my iPad Mini 2 due to my bad experience with my previous update on old iPad 2 which rendered it into almost state of uselessness!

The iPad 2 constantly crashed very recently on iOS9, the latest update it is able to go into.

Anyone with iPad Mini update from iOS9 to iOS10? Is the machine slowing down?

I did a clean install on my iPad Mini 2. It runs great wi iOS 10.1. The iPad Mini 2 is still being sold by Apple.

Last edited:

blogspotblog

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Clean install is the best way to do it. But I do not think I want to reinstall all the apps all over again after the installation and update.

I'll stay on iOS9 with this iPad Mini 2 until perhaps I got a new iPad.

I do not wish to have both iPads in the state of uselessness with constant crash.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Clean install is the best way to do it. But I do not think I want to reinstall all the apps all over again after the installation and update.

I'll stay on iOS9 with this iPad Mini 2 until perhaps I got a new iPad.

I do not wish to have both iPads in the state of uselessness with constant crash.

Some have advised that after doing the restore as new and setting everything up as new, restoring from backup. That puts all your apps back, especially if you use iCloud.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I never upgrade my iPad Mini 3 and it still as fast as when I purchase it! Yes, some apps no longer work but I try to find competitor to that app that will still work with my original iOS. When I do, the one that ask me to upgrade my iOS gets deleted. And there are one or two apps that have no competing apps, I delete them and bookmark their website for easy launch. I been happy not upgrading and do not miss 10.1 new features since I know that if I upgrade, I am a couple of step from molasseing my iPad speed!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods