iphone Exchange calendar is filled with "new event"

eisenhomer

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I have an iPhone 6 that was just updated to iOS 10.1. Since the update the MS Exchange calendar is filled with events that are labeled "New Event" on every hour of each day. If I go into the event it shows that the event is scheduled from that day and time (for example 8:00 am October 27) ending on December 31, 2000. The end date is always the same. I have tried signing out of iCloud and also deleted the Exchange account and set it back up with the same results. We are using the hosted version of Exchange on Office 365.
My next step is to do a factory reset on the phone unless someone can point me in a better direction. Thanks.

Jerry

Last edited:

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Why don't you try deleting that event?

i had random events sometimes showing up because of accidentally pressing on a day in the calendar and then pressing beside the popup, it won't ignore the even but creates a new event. But your case sounds strange. It looks like a repeated event that ends on 31-12-2000. So try remove and choose remove all to see if it goes away. If it's in the calendar = cloud, then resetting your phone won't help.

eisenhomer

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks Jeroen7. The event isn't sync'd with the Exchange server. I will try to delete one event and see what happens. They do not look like one repeating event, rather all individual events. Also, if I hide the Exchange server calendar but leave the iCloud calendar visible the events disappear, so I don't think they are in the cloud

eisenhomer

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi eyecrispy,
I have tried that with no result. We are unable to delete the event. When I deleted the Exchange account the event disappeared from the phone and reappeared once the Exchange account was added again.

Brendoyofriendo

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I have an iPhone 6 that was just updated to iOS 10.1. Since the update the MS Exchange calendar is filled with events that are labeled "New Event" on every hour of each day. If I go into the event it shows that the event is scheduled from that day and time (for example 8:00 am October 27) ending on December 31, 2000. The end date is always the same. I have tried signing out of iCloud and also deleted the Exchange account and set it back up with the same results. We are using the hosted version of Exchange on Office 365.
My next step is to do a factory reset on the phone unless someone can point me in a better direction. Thanks.

Jerry

Yeah that's happens a lot to me since I use the calendar app for work. Normally since I will press on the calendar too long and not realize I made a new appt

Jeroen7

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
The outlook event is also in the 'cloud'. In this case outlook's cloud.
Maybe you can try to login on the website of outlook to access your calendar and remove these events there?

eisenhomer

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
No, the event only shows up on the phone's calendar. The event is not on any other calendar that is associated with the Exchange server, only the phone.

I do not know what caused the issue, so I have decided to do a factory reset on the phone. This has solved the issue. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Jerry

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro