Camera Freeze on ALL my iPhones ??????????

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct sub forum:

With my 6 and 6s series iPhones and now with my 7 it's the same issue.
I open the camera and I would guess about 50% of the time the taking a photo part of the camera is just frozen in a blur and the shutter button is unresponsive,,, just DOA.

To get it un-frozen I have to shuffle back and forth between the different modes, video, slowmo and others to get the photo mode to be responsive and take a picture.

This is not just isolated to iOS 10,,, this has been a constant thing with ALL my different iPhones, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus and now my iPhone 7.

Am I just the most un-luckiest iPhone owner on the planet or have others had this same issue ?,,,, and if so, is there a fix ?

All other apps have worked perfectly for me on ALL my other iPhones.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Davyo

Buckeye2009

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I was/am having the same issue with my 7plus. I thought it was fixed after I downloaded the 10.1 beta, but after seeing your post I just tried my camera and it immediately froze. The only thing I've found that fixes it is to restart the phone, which is a pain in the butt. I did a search on web and looks like others are having same problem. Hopefully there will a fix soon:(

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I was/am having the same issue with my 7plus. I thought it was fixed after I downloaded the 10.1 beta, but after seeing your post I just tried my camera and it immediately froze. The only thing I've found that fixes it is to restart the phone, which is a pain in the butt. I did a search on web and looks like others are having same problem. Hopefully there will a fix soon:(

Well, I'm kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing the camera freeze.

It's been an issue with my past iPhones I listed including my 7,,,, I just got my 7 Plus a few hours ago,, and also installed 10.1,, it will be interesting to see if I still get the camera freeze or not, I guess I'll find out during the next few days with my new 7 Plus.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers
Davyo

Michael#IM

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes when i first open the camera it freezes and then opens after about 10 secs, more like a lag. It happened on my 6s also.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct sub forum:

With my 6 and 6s series iPhones and now with my 7 it's the same issue.
I open the camera and I would guess about 50% of the time the taking a photo part of the camera is just frozen in a blur and the shutter button is unresponsive,,, just DOA.

To get it un-frozen I have to shuffle back and forth between the different modes, video, slowmo and others to get the photo mode to be responsive and take a picture.

This is not just isolated to iOS 10,,, this has been a constant thing with ALL my different iPhones, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus and now my iPhone 7.

Am I just the most un-luckiest iPhone owner on the planet or have others had this same issue ?,,,, and if so, is there a fix ?

All other apps have worked perfectly for me on ALL my other iPhones.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers
Davyo

Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem you're having.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings" to see if that fixes the problem you're having.

Tried that before with my 6s and the only thing that happened was I had to reset all the settings on my 6s, not going to do that again when it didn't fix the camera before.
But, thank you for the suggestion.

To be fair, my Galaxy's and Notes have also done the camera freeze thing, but not nearly as much as my iPhones have.

Cheers
Davyo

Christofforo

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I've never had that issue. I don't think it's your phone, but rather the is version ? Wait for an update to address the issue . You can always try a fresh reinstallation

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I've never had that issue. I don't think it's your phone, but rather the is version ? Wait for an update to address the issue . You can always try a fresh reinstallation

Perhaps you didn't read my entire original post.

I've had camera freeze on my 6, 6s, 6+, 6s+, 7 and now my 7 Plus,,, with different versions of iOS.

When I got my 7 Plus a few days ago I installed iOS 10.1 and had camera freeze today as well.

Cheers
Davyo

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps you didn't read my entire original post.

I've had camera freeze on my 6, 6s, 6+, 6s+, 7 and now my 7 Plus,,, with different versions of iOS.

When I got my 7 Plus a few days ago I installed iOS 10.1 and had camera freeze today as well.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo, take your iPhone into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. It blows my mind that a freezing camera can propagate itself across multiple devices and multiple version of iOS. You need to have it looked at.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Davyo, take your iPhone into an Apple Store or contact Apple Support. It blows my mind that a freezing camera can propagate itself across multiple devices and multiple version of iOS. You need to have it looked at.

Yea, I know, perhaps I have some weird magnetic electrical energy that runs thru my fingertips and neutralizes all iPhone cameras,,, it's very perplexing to have the same issue on multiple iPhones running different versions of iOS.

At least I've seen some postings that others have experienced the camera freeze as well.

The camera issue is not a deal breaker, I still love iPhones, the camera freeze is just a small livable inconvenience,,, on the plus side, no other apps or functions ever lag or freeze up on me.

Cheers
Davyo

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I am currently experiencing the camera freeze where it gets stuck on the blur, not only it happens with the Camera app but it also has done it with Instagram. I had reset the phone to factory settings and it still didn't fix the issue, I haven't had this issue before upgrading to 10.2

Tech198

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue on iPhone SE, and i returned the phone to Apple, as even a restore didn't help, that was older iOS though..

Try a restore through iTunes first,

Now i'm on Iphone 6s iOS version: 10.2, there is no problem, but it could be a hardware issue if a restore doesn't work.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Go into Settings / Photo & Camera, and then "Preserve Settings" under Camera. Turn "Camera mode" and "Photo filter" off, and leave "Live Photo" on. Does that help?

Last edited:

Shahzad Ghani One

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
so i am on ios 10.2 iphone 7 plus more than a month old...never had this problem took lots of photos until few days a go.....i opened the cam app and boom black screen and frozen app.. restarting the phone fixed it....but now its happening more frequently like 2 times a day...but i noticed both cams works fine on instagram and on video calling from whats app and facebook...while main cam app is frozen...also i noticed after a few seconds of camera blackout i can move to video slow mo and time lapse mode without problem....and sometimes if i force close the cam app ..my camera returns to normal ......any one?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
so i am on ios 10.2 iphone 7 plus more than a month old...never had this problem took lots of photos until few days a go.....i opened the cam app and boom black screen and frozen app.. restarting the phone fixed it....but now its happening more frequently like 2 times a day...but i noticed both cams works fine on instagram and on video calling from whats app and facebook...while main cam app is frozen...also i noticed after a few seconds of camera blackout i can move to video slow mo and time lapse mode without problem....and sometimes if i force close the cam app ..my camera returns to normal ......any one?

It's possible this is hardware related. But first, try putting the phone in recovery mode and restore through iTunes if possible. If that doesn't work, then it may be hardware. In that case, take it to Apple. They should replace it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal