Battery life took a turn 10.0.2

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Upgraded my 5S to 10.0.2, now this thing is chewing through battery and is getting warm with normal use.

Guess it's time for a clean install. Funny, this always happens when I OTA update.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya. Well, let us know how it turns out after you've done a clean install, if you don't mind.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How long has it been since you updated? Swipe your apps out of switcher, restart, and resume your use. Give it 24 hours to settle down and see how it does. Just a thought, but if you're willing to do a clean install, go right ahead :)

Keldog

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Follow up: A clean install helped some, but the phone continued to eat battery (100% to 55% in 2 hours). I ended up downgrading to 9.3.5 last night, for the time being.

When I did the clean install, I gave it 24 hours to re-index and settle in. It even started an annoying freeze-up, where I would have to hit the power button to lock and then reopen the phone to continue what I was doing. I'll wait for 10.1.

aliyakuza

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Follow up: A clean install helped some, but the phone continued to eat battery (100% to 55% in 2 hours). I ended up downgrading to 9.3.5 last night, for the time being.

When I did the clean install, I gave it 24 hours to re-index and settle in. It even started an annoying freeze-up, where I would have to hit the power button to lock and then reopen the phone to continue what I was doing. I'll wait for 10.1.

got the same issue as you do but i have also done all you did and also i added a little test for my own to be sure .
i used same app and stuff before on ios 9 that i am using now on ios 10 ...
100% battery 7 in the morning untill 2 pm and my battery showing 70%
exactly same usage from 7 am to 2 pm on ios 10 and my battery shows 58% !!!!
that funny isnt it ?
exacly same usage but different os .
and i will tell you man i done clean instal , 24 hours indexing , restart etc ...
ios 10 drain my battery faster now for sure .
by the way i got iphone 6 64Gig

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Wow, I had the same freeze up experience too. I thought that I was crazy but it kept happening every time in the App Store.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
The same has been happening to me recently with my SE on 10.0.2. I've done a hard reset and it still happened so I drained the battery fully. My SE still has warranty and isn't old, so I'm hoping it's not a bad battery. It'll drop, say 1%, and then drop another 2% within another 1 min of use (browsing the web or something). It also dropped like 10% when I slept (roughly 5-6 hours of doing nothing) and it use to never do that. It just started randomly happening, both prior to my hard install and after, and I'm not sure what started causing it.

Another issue I'm having is, even though my email is set to push on iCloud, emails don't show up unless I open the mail app and let it "Check for mail". I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I also have Outlook and Gmail accounts, but I de-selected mail on them and only have contacts and calendars for those accounts (and they're also set to fetch hourly and iCloud is set to Push).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro