My few issues with iOS

raist3001

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Beginning with iOS 9 I have noticed a few issues that really bug me

1 - Unable to know at a glance which apps are in notification center
The apps listed in Notifications in settngs are supposed to tell me the Notifications style I choose, EX: badges, sounds alerts, etc.However, when you enter an app from the Notifications in settings, and turn on SHOW IN NOTIFICATION CENTER, this option does not appear next to your Notification Style (SOUNDS, BANNERS) when you return to the Notifications screen in settings.
How does one tell which apps are IN notification center? You would have to scroll through each app, and select them to see if "Show in Notification Center" is on.
This was so simple with iOS8 since there was a heading labeled INCLUDE and DO NOT INCLUDE.
This way I always knew what was included in notification center and what was not included.
This is missing in iOS9 and now iOS10. The only way to tell as far as I can see is by going into each app and checking to see if "SHOW IN NOTIFICATION CENTER" has been turned on. Not very user friendly at all.

2 - Audio Books
Since updating to iOS10 and 10.02, iBooks seems to have lost the ability to play from your last position without opening the app. I use a BT receiver in my car connected to my audio jack. I used to be able to start my car, the BT receiver would automatically connect, I would see the Audiobook pop up on my lock screen, and the audio book would begin playing from the last position.
Now, when I start my car in the morning, my BT receiver still automatically connects, but iBooks is stalled. I do not see the book pop up on the lock screen, and If I open control center, instead of iBooks showing me the audio book I last played, it just says iBooks. I have to physically open iBooks in order to begin playing from where I left off.

3 - Notifications on lock Screen
in iOS9 When I received an email or message on the lock screen, I had the ability to swipe left and select delete.
in iOS10, swiping left only has options for view and clear. Selecting clear, obviously clears the notification from the lock screen. Delete is missing. I now need to select view, then I will see the delete option. Its one more step now for deletion. In speaking with a few app developers, I am being told that this is the way iOS10 handles notifications now. Question I have since I have a 6 plus, does a 3D press show the delete option or only just view and clear?

Anyone else having issues similar to mine?

Last edited:

yllib1975

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Beginning with iOS 9 I have noticed a few issues that really bug me

1 - Unable to know at a glance which apps are in notification center
The apps listed in Notifications in settngs are supposed to tell me the Notifications style I choose, EX: badges, sounds alerts, etc.However, when you enter an app from the Notifications in settings, and turn on SHOW IN NOTIFICATION CENTER, this option does not appear next to your Notification Style (SOUNDS, BANNERS) when you return to the Notifications screen in settings.
How does one tell which apps are IN notification center? You would have to scroll through each app, and select them to see if "Show in Notification Center" is on.
This was so simple with iOS8 since there was a heading labeled INCLUDE and DO NOT INCLUDE.
This way I always knew what was included in notification center and what was not included.
This is missing in iOS9 and now iOS10. The only way to tell as far as I can see is by going into each app and checking to see if "SHOW IN NOTIFICATION CENTER" has been turned on. Not very user friendly at all.

2 - Audio Books
Since updating to iOS10 and 10.02, iBooks seems to have lost the ability to play from your last position without opening the app. I use a BT receiver in my car connected to my audio jack. I used to be able to start my car, the BT receiver would automatically connect, I would see the Audiobook pop up on my lock screen, and the audio book would begin playing from the last position.
Now, when I start my car in the morning, my BT receiver still automatically connects, but iBooks is stalled. I do not see the book pop up on the lock screen, and If I open control center, instead of iBooks showing me the audio book I last played, it just says iBooks. I have to physically open iBooks in order to begin playing from where I left off.

3 - Notifications on lock Screen
in iOS9 When I received an email or message on the lock screen, I had the ability to swipe left and select delete.
in iOS10, swiping left only has options for view and clear. Selecting clear, obviously clears the notification from the lock screen. Delete is missing. I now need to select view, then I will see the delete option. Its one more step now for deletion. In speaking with a few app developers, I am being told that this is the way iOS10 handles notifications now. Question I have since I have a 6 plus, does a 3D press show the delete option or only just view and clear?

Anyone else having issues similar to mine?

I too am suffering with iPhone. On android I used mortplarer audio books. The problem I have with iPhone is I don't know how to access the audio file on the phone to change things like the name or delete or even group files into a folder. So I have 20 books each having 50 chapters and when play a book after chapter 1 I get chapter 11 then some other random chapter what I am looking for is an audiobook manager in iPhone. Anyone know of such a thing? Or a file explorer that allows me to see and edit files on the phone after iTunes randomly puts crap wherever it wants to in what ever order it decides. Any help is greatly appreciated

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I too am suffering with iPhone. On android I used mortplarer audio books. The problem I have with iPhone is I don't know how to access the audio file on the phone to change things like the name or delete or even group files into a folder. So I have 20 books each having 50 chapters and when play a book after chapter 1 I get chapter 11 then some other random chapter what I am looking for is an audiobook manager in iPhone. Anyone know of such a thing? Or a file explorer that allows me to see and edit files on the phone after iTunes randomly puts crap wherever it wants to in what ever order it decides. Any help is greatly appreciated

MortPlayer is available for iOS: MortPlayer Audio Books by lyft Kwon lee
https://appsto.re/us/eUdpeb.i

Personally, I use Kindle software or iBooks. For audiobooks from my public library, I use Overdrive.

Last edited: