IOS 10 ruining phone!! How do you downgrade?

aaboo1717

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated my iphone 5c to the IOS 10, unaware how bad it would screw up my phone! My time is completely wrong, itll change all the time. My apps shut off and so does my wifi. I've been googling how to downgrade and have connected it to itunes and even downloaded the IOS 9 file like google says. But when i click check for update on itunes it continues to say IOS 10 when google says it's suppose to say the IOS 9 file. What am i doing wrong??

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated my iphone 5c to the IOS 10, unaware how bad it would screw up my phone! My time is completely wrong, itll change all the time. My apps shut off and so does my wifi. I've been googling how to downgrade and have connected it to itunes and even downloaded the IOS 9 file like google says. But when i click check for update on itunes it continues to say IOS 10 when google says it's suppose to say the IOS 9 file. What am i doing wrong??

Read all of this before starting anything..Well, if Apple is still signing iOS 9.3.5, then u should be able to downgrade.. if u have windows PC, check Recycle Bin for old IPSW file.. if it's there, select file right click-restore.. it will put file back from where it came.. usually in c:Users\userid\AppData\Roaming\Apple Inc\iforget the rest..lol.. if u see it in Recycle Bin it tells u the original location..just open that before u put the file back..also, hopefully u had a backup saved somehow for an iOS 9.x backup...otherwise I think u will have to setup as new after iOS restore..open iTunes and put phone in DFU mode...iTunes will see it in Recovery mode. Hold shift key down and select click on Restore button in iTunes. This will allow u to browse to that 9.3.5 IPSW file..select it and let it do its thing..after it's done u will have to either choose to restore a valid iOS 9 backup, or setup as a new phone..if u have ur contacts and calendar in iCloud you should be ok for that..otherwise u might not have anything...proceed with caution...I don't guarantee anything..always have a backup! Pics may also be lost..it all depends on how u do things..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I know I'm pretty wordy but like I said, it's all about how u do things and what u have and have setup...I have my contacts calendar and notes in iCloud..I have iCloud Photo Library enabled so all my pics are also in iCloud.. other than those items I could care less about a backup..those items aren't in my backups, so I never restore from a backup.. I just re download all my apps and sign back into everything manually..I don't care about other app data...but that's just me..if u don't have things backed up somehow, ur in trouble..

aaboo1717

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I've tried everything google has said to fix it. Nothing. I even manually set the correct time and it'll still mess up and somehow be at a totally different time than the correct time.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I've tried everything google has said to fix it. Nothing. I even manually set the correct time and it'll still mess up and somehow be at a totally different time than the correct time.

Do what I said previously..Ok...then u need to look into Settings-General-Date/Time and see what's there.. in what country are you located and what time zone do you have set?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Also ... the 5c is pretty much an iPhone 5 in a new housing. You're running 4 year old hardware which is an eternity in the smartphone world.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Also ... the 5c is pretty much an iPhone 5 in a new housing. You're running 4 year old hardware which is an eternity in the smartphone world.

Right... I don't think I'm gonna let my wife update her ip5...she needs a new one anyway..should get her a 6s 64gb..

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My wife's 5c is on iOS 10.0.2, and it works great. Maybe it was just a bad Download and install. I would try restoring via iTunes for a fresh copy of iOS 10.0.2.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
seems I need to consider for a while before upgrading to iOS 10. And how about restart your iPhone 5c?

What's to consider? There's one person here with an issue. It's not exactly wide spread. I haven't heard anyone else with a 5c having problems. My wife's 5c is great on iOS 10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR