Music App

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So I am really not digging the updated music app. They added steps to do anything it seems. I can no longer like songs from the lock screen, or even very easily. I now have to select the now playing banner, then tap the 3 dos, then like/love the song.

In addition, how do I know if shuffle is turned on or not? The basic music controls are no longer present on now playing that I can see. There is only button for shuffle all. That's fine in a playlist but if I listen to an album I normally want to go in order and I have no way to know if shuffle is turned on and so far every time it has been and it jumps around from song to song.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi! Today is the first time I've been able to play with the music app since I got my iPhone7 a few days ago. Here is what I have found....
For shuffle - if you are in the music app & scroll up on the music that is playing now, you'll see the shuffle buttons. Uncheck all shuffle buttons to rearrange your "up next" list (Thank you to a previous post!).
I am having trouble with controlling the music from within another app. Before this iOS, you could swipe up, now I'm not so sure without being either in the app or on the lockscreen.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
they changed the functionality of Up Next for the worst. What I noticed is if you start playing a playlist then you find a song you want to play next thats not problem press play next, but if you see a second song you want to play after the first one the only option you have is to press Play Next again and then press the song that's now playing and uncheck all shuffle and repeat options to rearrange. Whereas if you start playing an album and you find a song to play next same step press play next, if you see a song you want to play after the album you can press play later but if you find a second song that's when it gets tricky.
The reason this is an issue is because i use to host small get togethers and would like to make a playlist on the fly with the up next and bluetooth speaker, this was so easy before this iOS 10.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi! Today is the first time I've been able to play with the music app since I got my iPhone7 a few days ago. Here is what I have found....
For shuffle - if you are in the music app & scroll up on the music that is playing now, you'll see the shuffle buttons. Uncheck all shuffle buttons to rearrange your "up next" list (Thank you to a previous post!).
I am having trouble with controlling the music from within another app. Before this iOS, you could swipe up, now I'm not so sure without being either in the app or on the lockscreen.

Oh wow, there isn't anything obvious that makes it seem that you can scroll on the now playing panel. Thanks.

Still not really digging the music app after several more days. I've had the thought that I should just switch to Spodify.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73