iOS 10.1 Public Beta 4 now available

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
iOS 10.1 Public Beta 2 now available

Has anyone with Verizon noticed LTE connectivity seems better on beta 2? It seems to be more stable. I noticed the carrier is now 26.0 it could be just a placebo effect. Just wanted someone else to confirm.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
go to u tube will tell you all about it

Tell who about what? Who are you replying to and on what topic?

Anyone know if the Beta 2 has any BT updates. When I set up my iPhone 7 as new I did not install the public beta profile. However considering it again if there are some fixes. Thanks in advance.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone with Verizon noticed LTE connectivity seems better on beta 2? It seems to be more stable. I noticed the carrier is now 26.0 it could be just a placebo effect. Just wanted someone else to confirm.
I too got carrier settings version 26.0 on my iPhone6... Want seeing any issue before...

Rmorton0573

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I too got carrier settings version 26.0 on my iPhone6... Want seeing any issue before...

I was having trouble keeping LTE in certain places especially some of the new XLTE areas (Raleigh NC where I work). Going to 3G a lot. I had to turn off VoLTE or my calls would drop. I noticed after I updated to beta 2 my LTE is stable and I turned VoLTE back on and made a few calls with no issues. So here's hoping.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Tell who about what? Who are you replying to and on what topic?

Anyone know if the Beta 2 has any BT updates. When I set up my iPhone 7 as new I did not install the public beta profile. However considering it again if there are some fixes. Thanks in advance.

I just tried it in my car and I'm not seeing a fix. My issue might be different than yours though. My issue is that it takes a while for it to connect. I have to push the stereo power button on and off a few time before it will finally route the music through the car. This beta doesn't fix it.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I just tried it in my car and I'm not seeing a fix. My issue might be different than yours though. My issue is that it takes a while for it to connect. I have to push the stereo power button on and off a few time before it will finally route the music through the car. This beta doesn't fix it.

Could be similar.. sometimes BT works, sometimes it does not. When it does not, I have to either Toggle BT on/and off, and even that does not often work. Then I need to forget device from the phone, and re-pair to the stereo. It's enough of a "no fix" to make me want to wait installing the PB again.

Thanks

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I saw on another thread that the developer beta had a choice in accessibility to keep reduced motion off but a separate toggle for the screen effects. I don't see that option. I thought the betas were similar

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Are there really any new amazing features for iPads or iPods and not just iPhones? Unlike the beta for 10, I don't feel anywhere as strongly about testing 10.1 currently. However, if there's something cool for the devices I have, I might think more about installing it.

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
So I saw on another thread that the developer beta had a choice in accessibility to keep reduced motion off but a separate toggle for the screen effects. I don't see that option. I thought the betas were similar

The option is there in the public beta, but only shows when Reduce Motion is toggled on.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I have that option on the 7Plus, but Its not an option to toggle the screen effects, but a toggle to auto-play the message effects. Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion is where it is located on mine.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Are there really any new amazing features for iPads or iPods and not just iPhones? Unlike the beta for 10, I don't feel anywhere as strongly about testing 10.1 currently. However, if there's something cool for the devices I have, I might think more about installing it.

The portrait mode in camera is really the only new feature I'm seeing. I also think the iMessage apps are much smoother and scrolling through them is much better now. With that being said, I do think the phone is running much smoother and faster with this beta. I also haven't had any issues with Maps crashing, which is something I was dealing with since upgrading to 10.0

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Yes this is happening to me too (10.0.2). If public beta 2 fixes it I may just download the profile and give it a try. If anyone else has seen this issue too please share your experience. Thank you

combi06

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
I was having trouble keeping LTE in certain places especially some of the new XLTE areas (Raleigh NC where I work). Going to 3G a lot. I had to turn off VoLTE or my calls would drop. I noticed after I updated to beta 2 my LTE is stable and I turned VoLTE back on and made a few calls with no issues. So here's hoping.

I was referring to this..

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
The portrait mode in camera is really the only new feature I'm seeing. I also think the iMessage apps are much smoother and scrolling through them is much better now. With that being said, I do think the phone is running much smoother and faster with this beta. I also haven't had any issues with Maps crashing, which is something I was dealing with since upgrading to 10.0

Okay, thanks. I think I might just wait for the official release at this point, although even better battery life than iOS 10.0.2 on my iPod and iPad wouldn't be unwelcome.

Ertank

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I might have missed if already posted. Though, iOS 9 was making phone completely silent when do not disturb is on and phone is locked. Only call from people in favorites, or a second call from same number in two minutes used to ring the phone laud.

IOS 10.0.2 general public release on the other hand seems to ignore do not disturb mode.

Can somebody check and confirm or do not confirm current situation on public beta releases, please.

I am using iPhone 5 device.

Thanks.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else see BT fixes in this release? Deciding if I want to go back to a beta on my iPhone 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice