iOS 10.1 Developer Beta - Features for Non-iPhone 7?

LP Slade

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone knows what, if anything, comes to non-7 or 7 Plus iPhones with iOS 10.1 developer beta? I have it installed and don't notice anything. I know I'm the 7 Plus it brings the camera enhancements, but can't find any info at all about what it does for the other devices.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that I've read that there is now a separate option to allow people to turn on reduce motion in accessibility but allow iMessage effects as well. On 10.0.1, turning on reduce motion loses the ability to send iMessage effects.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm hoping the public beta drops today. But I think we can expect no new majors features yet. What we should expect are tweaks and fixes for the non 7 + devices.

Ospot

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that I've read that there is now a separate option to allow people to turn on reduce motion in accessibility but allow iMessage effects as well. On 10.0.1, turning on reduce motion loses the ability to send iMessage effects.

Yes, you can toggle the setting but it does not work, still can't send or view effects? Weird.