Keyboard Click Volume Very Low - other sounds loud?

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I have both the music and ringer volumes all the way up. Other system sounds are super loud (lock sound for example) but my keyboard clicks are extremely quiet. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks n advance

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hey all,

I have both the music and ringer volumes all the way up. Other system sounds are super loud (lock sound for example) but my keyboard clicks are extremely quiet. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks n advance

Well that's interesting.. I always turn mine off but I did have them on for a few hours but got annoyed... I'll turn on again and see if I can figure anything..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Much appreciated :)

No prob...yeah I do see what u mean..the letter clicks are softer and harder to hear especially in a loud environment. The back space arrow is decent and the space bar..not sure this can be remedied..at least not by us..submit to Apple is all I can offer..like I said, I leave them off..uses less batter I figure, and doesn't annoy others..

dlewis23

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
It's normal. Apple changed those, as well as the lock sound, with iOS 10.

No its not normal. Apple changed the sound with iOS 10 but they didn't lower the volume, they actually increased the volume because key clicks in iOS 9 were very low.

If you compare the keyboard click volume on a iPhone 7 to a iPhone 6s the 6s is twice as loud, its where its suppose to be. There is something wrong with in the version of iOS thats on iPhone 7.

Here is a comparison video.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering about this the other day because it is annoying and I can't even hear the clicks anymore. I was going to do a hard reset but I am sick of doing those all the freaking time now.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I was just wondering about this the other day because it is annoying and I can't even hear the clicks anymore. I was going to do a hard reset but I am sick of doing those all the freaking time now.

What happens if you disable Keyboard Clicks in Settings > Sounds & Haptics, restart your iPhone and enable it back again?

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they are quieter than with iOS 9 which I think is great. I used to turn off kb clicks because they were way too loud and distracting to me. Now I have them turned back on again. I just a reset and rebuild from scratch with my old iPad 3 with iOS 9 and I was reminded how annoyingly loud keyclicks were on iOS 9.

Keith Morris

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't help. I can hear them but they're way quieter. Some days they seem quieter than usual and then a restart or something will get the sound back

I think you're referring to an old bug in iOS.
When you play music, a video from Facebook or YouTube it will cause the keypad volume to go very low.

A reset usually solves this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox