iOS 10 and raw files, how to download them?

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
I use ProCamera which just got an iOS 10 update today to allow raw file format shooting. I've taken a couple pictures with it but can't figure out how to download the raw files to my PC. Is this not possible without a Mac or something? The app has functionality to share to Adobe CC but I don't use CC.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What do you plan to do with them when you get to your computer? It's not really a Mac or PC thing, but when you get the raw files you need a program to read them.

Without that software, you're just taking up extra space. I'd stick with hi-res JPEG in ProCamera and skip the RAW.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
What do you plan to do with them when you get to your computer? It's not really a Mac or PC thing, but when you get the raw files you need a program to read them.

Without that software, you're just taking up extra space. I'd stick with hi-res JPEG in ProCamera and skip the RAW.

I use Lightroom to edit raw files so I'm all good there. I just don't use the CC subscription. Sooooo, turns out it was user error. Once I unlocked the phone and had it plugged in I was able to access it in Windows Explorer and also through Lightroom directly with the import function. Also turns out when you have ProCamera set to HDR it doesn't create a raw file (user error again). Once I set it to normal mode and took a test shot, the .DNG file showed right up in the camera folder. Hopefully my screwup will help someone out though lol. Guess iTunes is fine syncing with the phone locked but Windows can't see it unless you unlock it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2