Disable contact picture in chat window of Messages app?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You would have to delete the contact out of contacts. It you just delete the pic, it will still show a letter. You can replace the pic with anything. Even a solid white photo.

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I asked to have this only as an option early on in the beta. I don't like it either and found myself assigning pictures to my contacts because I hate those initials

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I asked to have this only as an option early on in the beta. I don't like it either and found myself assigning pictures to my contacts because I hate those initials

Why not use a solid white image in place of a profile pic? No photo, no letters. Just white.
Here's what it looks like if you use a white image in place of a profile pic.
eab8474f9510bee174fc752569d2ac55.jpg

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site

apercele79

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That SHOW CONTACT PHOTOS option is totally useless I guess. If it's ON or OFF, you still get either a picture (if you have one) or an initial (if u dont have one)

I added my first picture for a contact just to see if the pic is off when I shut off SHOW CONTACT PHOTOS yet the picture still shows. Why even have that option if it does nothing? :))))

CyreneK

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
That SHOW CONTACT PHOTOS option is totally useless I guess. If it's ON or OFF, you still get either a picture (if you have one) or an initial (if u dont have one)

I added my first picture for a contact just to see if the pic is off when I shut off SHOW CONTACT PHOTOS yet the picture still shows. Why even have that option if it does nothing? :))))

Because it is only an option for the conversation list, not the thread.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods