Disable "face/location" scans and delete "People/Places" albums on Photos app?

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disable "face/location" scans and delete "People/Places" albums on Photos app?

Unfortunately you can't, these are new features to the Photos app. i find them a bit annoying but they can't be disabled or deleted from what I've searched. If you find a way, let me know. I find these extra folders annoying, but what can you do.

Multiphinder

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Disable "face/location" scans and delete "People/Places" albums on Photos app?

I discovered how to remove the photos from Places, after spending some time fiddling with syncing my iPad to get rid of them.

Removing the offending pix from the photo folders contained in a main folder that I use when syncing pix from my iMac was not enough.

I found that by renewing the pathway in the iTunes Sync Photos window to the main photo folder on my iMac ? after removing the pix ? did the trick, for whatever reason. The pathway remained the same.

When syncing, I use the ?Selected folders? choice, so I can?t say it would work if I had chosen ?All folders? or had I been using Apple?s Photos app.

The Places folder, albeit empty, remained.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner