Home Button Double-click no longer opens Apple Pay after iOS10 upgrade

DarkHeliopause

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Double-clicking the home button no longer opens up Apple Pay after I upgraded my iPhone 6S Plus to iOS 10.

"Wallet & Apple Pay-->Double-Click Home Button" is still a choice in "Settings" so it should be working. (see pic below)

Apple Pay.png

I DO NOT have Touch ID setup and DO NOT want to use it. The Home Button double-click to open up Apple Pay has always worked for me in the pass.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine is working, but I also have Touch ID set up.

Ensure that you did a hard reboot and not a soft reboot. Hold both Home and Power buttons down at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then release the buttons and allow the phone to reboot.

If that doesn't repair the issue, do a complete backup in iTunes (including Encrypt iPhone backup to save your settings/passwords/logins/health data) and then factory reset the phone to set it up as new.

Before re-installing from backup re-add your CC like you had it before. Is there still an issue with the Home button not opening Wallet? If so, either report the bug directly to Apple or take the phone in to your nearest Apple store and speak with someone at the Genius Bar.

If there's no issue then try restoring from backup. As long as you've done an Encrypted backup it will restore all of your apps, settings, everything.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Here's what I did on my iPhone 6S:
Turn off Double Click Home Button in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
Do a hard reset: hold down power button and home button at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.
Turn on Double Click Home Button in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
Good Luck

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Here's what I did on my iPhone 6S:
Turn off Double Click Home Button in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
Do a hard reset: hold down power button and home button at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.
Turn on Double Click Home Button in Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
Good Luck

Yeah, I had the same issue and that works!

fcpxjoe

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my iPhone SE. This method did not fix the issue. I'll try the Genius Bar. Glad to hear there are others talking about this issue. I could not find anything online the first couple of days after ios10 was released. I don't want to have to use Touch ID. I used to use Apple Pay with Passcode prior to ios10 just fine.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Since my last post I discovered that you don't really have to double click the home button to open Apple Pay.
Just move the lock iPhone over the terminal and the Apple Pay opens.
Then just place your finger on the home button for fingerprint recognition.
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm just waking up myself. :)
Good Luck

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Since my last post I discovered that you don't really have to double click the home button to open Apple Pay.
Just move the lock iPhone over the terminal and the Apple Pay opens.
Then just place your finger on the home button for fingerprint recognition.
I know it's been mentioned before, but I'm just waking up myself. :)
Good Luck

Yep, and it works like a charm. The only time I have an issue is when I'm using non-Apple Pay cards in my Wallet, like Starbucks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods