Battery life on 10.0.1

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
OK, let's hear it. This is for the official 10.0.1 release.

I used iTunes, not OTA, and did not update -- I wiped my 6s and restored from iCloud, so I had a clean install.

So far, I think it's eating a little more battery than iOS 9 (down to 54% at 8pm, from just before 10am). I would hazard that, last week, with the use I gave it today, I would have been in the mid to low-60's. Not too shabby, although I was on calls longer than usual. Will see tomorrow.

I also have "Raise to Wake" and "Rest Finger to Open" enabled and a 1-minute screen timeout.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Battery life seems better for me. Especially since I turned off "Share My Location" and swiped Facebook out of multitasking. I should get close to 8 hours usage. Not bad for a year old 6s Plus that's been used extremely heavy the past year.
677806467e87e65004a9dbe5c6436735.jpg

alan_d_dsilva

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well have you guys simply updated or restored as new ? If you haven't restored it as new then expect poor battery life for the first few days atleast.

gelz092

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
OK, let's hear it. This is for the official 10.0.1 release.

I used iTunes, not OTA, and did not update -- I wiped my 6s and restored from iCloud, so I had a clean install.

So far, I think it's eating a little more battery than iOS 9 (down to 54% at 8pm, from just before 10am). I would hazard that, last week, with the use I gave it today, I would have been in the mid to low-60's. Not too shabby, although I was on calls longer than usual. Will see tomorrow.

I also have "Raise to Wake" and "Rest Finger to Open" enabled and a 1-minute screen timeout.

Yea, same here. I disabled mail push, raise to wake, bedtime, and all apps which uses location, yet, battery still drains faster than before. Me and my phone is clearly not ready for 10.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Definitely worse for me, the same as all the iOS 10 beta builds (including the GM). I've just learned to live with it I guess for the features, and I'm guessing the widgets might have something to do with it. Ever since 9.3.3 I've gotten worse battery than I used to on my 6 so I've been so used to bad battery anyway now. In iOS 9 I used to come home with around 80%, now I come home with 60~ish or so....

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
So far so good here on my 6s. About the same as it was before, thankfully.
Yeah... today I did well; took an hour before I got down to 99% -- at 98% about 3 hours later (I've barely used the phone... couple of texts, deleted an email, one quick 2 minute phone call).
Definitely worse for me, the same as all the iOS 10 beta builds (including the GM). I've just learned to live with it I guess for the features, and I'm guessing the widgets might have something to do with it. Ever since 9.3.3 I've gotten worse battery than I used to on my 6 so I've been so used to bad battery anyway now. In iOS 9 I used to come home with around 80%, now I come home with 60~ish or so....
That's still not too bad... of course, I came from the Nexus 5 (not 5x), which had terrible battery life, so on the 6s I feel like it'll never run down!
After the first few hours, my battery life stabilized, and I've had no further issues.
Yup -- my first day after install I still expected everything to be screwy (it kinda was)... and forget install day! :)

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
Been running GM since it dropped, and battery life has been worse than it was on the last iOS9 build. I might go to the "official" build to see if there's any improvement. So far...unimpressed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had time to test it. Been using the device for 7 hours now and haven't been out it aside for longer than 5 minutes .
Frankly, I don't care about battery life. I have external chargers with me all the time.

Sicily1918

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, well, so far I'm doing pretty well. Yesterday I went down to 66% after 12 hours, most of which were on LTE on a typical-use day.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh